• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  grey mist on the sea’s face & a grey dawn breaking
    for the call of the running tide

Both, Castile says matter-of-factly and with a faintly rumbling chuckle. She had expected him to say something similar, to legitimize her correct assumption that he is always thinking of politics as a proper leader should - and to draw her further in, having fed into her jest and casual desire for his validation. Oceane smirks, letting the expression settle on her attractive face as, in unison, the pair turns their gaze to the horizon where Island Resort hides in the distance.

"Even if they did possess the numbers to be a proper threat," she muses towards the distant skyline, "they would likely have to make it through at least one of your territories before entering Loess..." her voice trails off, if only for a brief moment, to silently indicate her thoughts on the required level of intellect it would take to make a decision that would involve mounting an attack through either Sylva or Brilliant Pampas, or even Taiga, who Oceane had learned was captained by Castile's niece. "Besides, and I am speaking under correction, Ruinam did not strike me as someone keen on provoking you."

Oceane falls into silence then, though her smirk remains, as her amber gaze drifts back to the gold-accented pegasi at her side. She had learned much about warfare strategy in her younger years and, while she would never be a purveyor of bloodshed, Oceane would be remiss to say that she had not enjoyed learning about it. "I do hope so," the violet winged woman adds warmly - coyly - as he regards her as an asset he could appreciate. Despite the new thrill she experiences each time she encounters the Loessian King, her motive has always been to learn and, in turn, apply that knowledge to best suit the needs of her home.

Castile answers her inquiry initially with another smug grin and Oceane finds that, again, she is mirroring his expression. It's easy - thoughtless, really - to feed off of his demeanor and the way he holds himself. It's easy to see why so many within Loess look to him for leadership. And it is easy, she decides as he tells her he is not entirely what he appears, that it could be easy to fear him should one stand in his way.

Oceane laughs playfully and gifts him a knowing look. "I have certainly determined that." But she leaves it at that and her amber eyes concede to searching his curiously. If he wanted her to know, she concludes, Castile would tell her - and so when he asks for her next wish, Oceane does her best to bite her tongue on any questions pertaining to what he truly is beneath the surface, and instead focuses on another topic of importance: "I wish... for you to tell me what I can do to help you."

"And Loess," she adds, letting her neck flex and shine brilliantly in the sunlight as she curls her head around to preen a feather at her shoulder, nearly bumping Castile's in the process. She inhales deep, asking the scent of him to linger in her nose as she awaits his response.

@[Castile] | speech
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: grey mist on the sea’s face & a grey dawn breaking - by Oceane - 11-20-2019, 02:39 PM