• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

In Hell I'll be in good company // Any
    I am groggy, disoriented, when the faery brings me back. My brain is as cloudy as the sky above us, and I can do no more than blink sluggishly as she gives her cryptic warning. What the fuck ever... It's not like I came here to make friends. 

Even in my prone position, I manage to roll my eyes. I want to say something biting. But before I can convince my paper dry tongue to cooperate, the icy presence is gone, and I'm alone to recover from my misadventure. 

I feel as though I've been caught in a landslide, or suffered some hours-long night terror. The muscles of my back and neck are wooden. It's with a miserable groan that I manage to pull myself upright, if still curled against the comfortingly still ground. So not worth it. But with a note of vague surprise, I realized that the land coming into focus is a familiar one. Loess. Her stoney landscape is the one I've been returned to, and I feel a bubble of satisfaction move viscously through my chest. 

I'm here. I survived, even if it seems I hadn't accomplished much. A quick inventory of my self reveals nothing new. Same, gaudy girl who left this morning. Put through the wringer for nothing. A derisive snort passes through me. So much for that idea. I knew that impulsivity could only get me into trouble, so I suppose it's nice to be proven right. If only that didn't equate feeling so very bruised. 

It's been a few moments, long enough to let the world stop spinning, and I force my legs to raise me from the earth. Wings shoot out akimbo in an awkward attempt to balance my woozy head. "Fuck me..." I grumble, head in question slung low. Gods, I need a drink.

Messages In This Thread
    In Hell I'll be in good company // Any - by Rebelle - 11-09-2019, 12:03 PM