• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i could be ugly in loving you, clarissa
    your breath frozen in the air, newborn droplets of ice
    you were the one thing i got right
    Maybe a truly angelic being would be able to sense the darkness in the boy’s soul, but then again Clarissa is no true angel. She is just a dragon child with abilities she hasn’t even begun to fully understand yet – a dragon child who knows, as Ghaul tucks himself under into her chest, that the love she feels for him is the purest thing she could possibly muster. There is no doubt any longer as he croons against her skin that this is her soulmate, her other half, her missing piece. She closes her eyes and sighs as they wrap around each other, her blue-and-gold blending into his copper-and-gold.

When he sighs and offers up his suggestion, a nervous smile dances across the girl’s face. Castile’s reaction would be terrifying to see, if she did abscond to the volcanic kingdom. The thought actually excites her a little; she doesn’t do naughty things like that, and as a matter-of-fact, thoughts like that rarely, if ever, cross her mind. Of course, she loves her family and the only kingdom that she has ever known, but she knows that there is so much more world to see.

She doesn’t respond immediately to his suggestion, content to just lean against him and stare off at the distant parts of Loess. He asks of Castile and she giggles, shaking her head before he even finishes speaking. “Castile will never name me heir,” she murmurs with a wistful smile. Would she even want to be queen after him? Probably not – she would rather be by Ghaul’s side, wherever he goes. “He has trueborn sons and daughters who will be leader after him, unless someone takes over the kingdom. But I don’t see that happening... Castile is very strong, and very brave. He is a good father.”

When the girl falls silent, Ghaul is there to press his lips against her temple, the gentlest and most understanding of kisses. She sighs at his touch, wishing she was stronger like him – maybe one day she’ll be big and powerful and strong, but she doesn’t have the same innate abilities and instincts that Ghaul possesses. When he says he’ll topple empires and destroy dynasties, she believes him. Her, on the other hand? She can’t see herself every being much more than a peacemaker, following in the wake of Ghaul’s destruction. Two halves of a whole, but polar opposites in everything that they desire.

She’s fine with that, but something still nags at the back of her mind. “When you take over Pangea, will you make me your queen?” she whispers, casting a glance at his star-marked face to gauge his reaction. “Because if so... maybe it is time I strayed from Loess, and come home.” She is nervous and unsure, barely more than a bumbling child, but she doesn’t want to ever have to leave his side again.
    clarissa

@[ghaul]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i could be ugly in loving you, clarissa - by clarissa - 12-02-2019, 11:30 PM