• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  smiles and sunbeams
    Isilya

yet it was not that nature had shed o'er the scene
    her purest of crystal and brightest of green

Isilya is absolutely dazzled by the three mares that come to greet her, her green and gold hazel eyes brightening with a wider and wider smile with each arrival. They are all so beautiful, so utterly and perfectly matched to this wonderful oasis.

The first calls a greeting from the water and Isilya turns to watch her approach, stars in her eyes. “A little bit of both, actually!” Before she can introduce herself properly, they’re joined by another dazzling mare - Adria. Isilya’s vine-created wings flutter a little at her sides, causing the iridescent panes to shimmer in the sunlight, at Adria’s compliment. “Why thank you! I was thinking the same about you two.” She admits, the words sweet and truthful on her tongue.

And then another! Looking as though she was made from the sunset sky itself, Isilya could very well forget why she was even here in the company of such beautiful creatures.

But! Luckily she does not forget.

It is her turn to speak, and the ivory and gold mare feels like she is shining she is so happy with the possibility of three new friendships (and very much hoping she does not ruin the chance!!) “Thank you all for welcoming me to your incredible home, it’s such a pleasure to meet you. My name is Isilya and I’m from Tephra. Very recently, I succeeded Vulgaris to the throne.” She pauses a little, out of nerves and out of the simple fact that she’s suddenly not sure what she’s supposed to say. Is there a protocol for this type of situation? She’s learning as she goes more or less, even though she knows she’ll have Vulgaris and Leliana to ask for help if she needs it.

For now, she’s just got her instincts and what she wants to say.

“So I’m here to introduce myself as the new queen, and see if there’s anything I can do for you and your lovely home, whether now or in the future. I very much hope we can all be friends and if there is any way I can strengthen the bond between our homes I would just love to do whatever I can!” Really, the shimmering mare isn’t sure what she can possibly do - if the bond of friendship and an alliance between them is enough or if there is something else. Which is why she asks! If Ischia needs something of Tephra she would happily give it, even if it is just sticking her nose somewhere else and leaving them be.

And, she adds, because what she had told Aquaria was true - this was a visit both of diplomacy and pleasure. “I’ve also never visited these islands, which is a true shame. I had no idea what a paradise I was missing out on!”

’twas not her soft magic of streamlet or rill
    oh! no, it was something more exquisite still

@[Aquaria] @[Adria] @[Eva] <33

Messages In This Thread
    smiles and sunbeams - by Isilya - 11-15-2019, 07:11 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Aquaria - 11-17-2019, 04:08 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Adria - 11-17-2019, 08:11 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Eva - 11-19-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Isilya - 11-25-2019, 10:04 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Aquaria - 11-26-2019, 04:07 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Eva - 12-03-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Isilya - 12-21-2019, 10:31 PM