• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  smiles and sunbeams
    Isilya

yet it was not that nature had shed o'er the scene
    her purest of crystal and brightest of green

Although Isilya is mostly certain that Aquaria is joking about any harm coming to Vulgaris, her green-and-gold eyes widen a little bit in alarm at the mere idea of it. Eva is quick to jump in, speaking well wishes for the former-king and his family. “Oh, he’s quite alright - and his family too I believe! He’s remaining on the council, but wanted to step down to be with his family more. Which I think is rather nice, isn’t it?” Isilya, not having a family of her own, doesn’t fully understand the ties that connect parents to their children - but she imagines it isn’t unlike the feeling of warmth she feels whenever she makes a new friend. Right? And if she thought it would help her friends, she would abdicate as well!

But these are more serious thoughts than Isilya is really concerning herself with. Right now, she’s currently thinking about how much she hopes the mares she’s speaking with will like her so that she can have an excuse to visit them again.

Eva seems to agree about a friendship between their lands and Isilya’s smile brightens, the dragonfly wings at her side fluttering slightly as a physical manifestation of her joy. “That’s wonderful news! I’m so glad we’re on the same page. It’s my intention to keep Tephra as peaceful as possible, so I don’t think we’ll have anything to worry about there - and you guys seem to be doing a wonderful job here so I’m certainly not planning on stepping on any toes.” There’s a ‘so long as we stay friendly with each other’ statement in there but Isilya is not currently capable of thinking of such possibilities.

She certainly, hopes, however, that there will be never be a cause for a rift to form between herself and these lovely mares. She wants their bond to strengthen, not weaken!

So she is, of course, thrilled at Eva’s offer to return here at any time. “I will absolutely be taking you up on that offer! And no starfish will be needed for me.” She states with a small laugh. It is difficult to imagine herself as a troublemaker. “Are all the islands this beautiful? Do you guys have a favourite?”

’twas not her soft magic of streamlet or rill
    oh! no, it was something more exquisite still

@[Aquaria] @[Eva] sorry it took a while for me to reply!!

Messages In This Thread
    smiles and sunbeams - by Isilya - 11-15-2019, 07:11 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Aquaria - 11-17-2019, 04:08 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Adria - 11-17-2019, 08:11 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Eva - 11-19-2019, 03:53 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Isilya - 11-25-2019, 10:04 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Aquaria - 11-26-2019, 04:07 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Eva - 12-03-2019, 06:23 PM
    RE: smiles and sunbeams - by Isilya - 12-21-2019, 10:31 PM