• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  From the ashes a fire shall be woken; Pteron, any

-Adria-

Perhaps she shouldn’t have gathered up her foal and made her way out toward the beach. Maybe Adria could’ve relaxed and enjoyed her peace - let Aquaria have her own since, as it would shortly become obvious to her sister, the visitors hadn’t distinctly come for the eldest of sea mares. But as a family-oriented character herself, the previous Dame can’t help but gather up the leggy little colt napping quietly under the shelter of an elephant-ear leaf. Together, mother and son walk pleasantly over moss-carpeted trails, stepping only where the path had been worn to a well-known shade of brown by so many other hooves.

Her boy - named Osiriis to match the strength of his father - is the first to break out from the jungle’s grasp, making plenty of noise and stirring up a cacophony on the beach as he raced to send a flock of gulls on their way. A few meters downshore stands her younger sister, Aquaria, and the object of Adria’s long-studied expertise: a handsome stallion flanked by a local parrot. Narrowing her eyes, the reclusive seahorse called out to her child, beckoning the black colt with scarlet markings back to her side before sending out another, more pleasant tone towards the two equines she sees.

She has no idea that the parrot is actually a falcon, or that it lives under the disguise of many other shapes… though she will soon come to understand who inhabits the body. Aodhan isn’t exactly a stranger, though Adria does consider Eva’s recurring mate strange from what little she’s heard.

“Ah hello, hello! Mwen rantre nan, do not mind me if I intrude. I just thought,” Adria spoke as she approached, suddenly interrupted by the tangle of a babe underhoof. Osiriis pushed his way forward, ears and tail flicking in time to the nervous stomp of his still-unsteady hooves. “we could use some company, wi?” She laughed apologetically about the boy, turning her attention and a pair of vibrantly yellow eyes on Pteron.

“I am Adria and this -” Osiriis paused to look at his mother, “is Aquaria’s newest little manm fanmi an; her nephew Osiriis.” Adria sighed happily, still as young and fresh-looking as a first-time dam. “Won’t you introduce yourself?” She smiled to the pegasus, then glanced aside at the odd parrot situated nearby. “And your - ehm - companion creature?”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Aodhan] @[Pteron] @[Aquaria]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: From the ashes a fire shall be woken; Pteron, any - by Adria - 11-19-2019, 06:35 PM