• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're such a pretty face but you turned into a pretty big waste of my time - anyone
    I hope he takes your filthy heart
    and then he throws you away someday
    Her voice is quiet, and yet it feels like it may as well have been a scream.

It shatters the silent bubble he had managed to encapsulate himself in, and it immediately causes his skin to prickle in the way that it does just before he snaps. However, being dead for so long seemed to have strengthened his patience, or perhaps built his tolerance, but it was a tenuous hold that he had on it, at best. Still, with a grit of his teeth he manages to swallow the biting remark that was trying to build on his tongue, and he turns to face her.

He is at first mildly surprised at how striking she is. He had been born in a time when such colors did not exist, save for a rare few. The teal of her eyes were bright when set against the black of her face, and he couldn’t help but to notice the way the aurora-like colors crawled up her legs. She was beautiful, there was no denying it. But instead of being quieted in the presence of something so delicate and lovely, it made the anger knot tighter in his chest.

She was a pretty little thing, but she wasn’t his.

“Does being dead for over a hundred years count? If so, yeah, I guess you could say that. The afterlife is pretty bleak sometimes.” His voice is rougher than even he had expected; harsh and grating on his throat, and he does not try to clear the gravel away from it. Instead he takes a step towards her, his lips forming a small but careless grin. “I’m Dacian.”
    Dacian

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're such a pretty face but you turned into a pretty big waste of my time - anyone - by Dacian - 11-25-2019, 01:25 AM