• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you're such a pretty face but you turned into a pretty big waste of my time - anyone

but now we're sleeping at the edge, holding something we don't need
    all this delusion in our heads is going to bring us to our knees

She should be more afraid of the shadows than she is.

She should have, at least, a cursory respect for it—should tremble at the things that crawl within it. Her mother, after all, is Queen of the shadows and commands the darkness and she knows what lives within the woman’s heart is anything but kind. But despite this knowing, and despite the acute awareness of her own inexperience, she does not turn her cheek toward it—does not run when he stalks forward.

Instead, Aurorae just lifts her pretty head and watches him with a calm gaze, her feet firmly planted on the ground. He moves, his voice grating and rough, and she doesn’t smile still, but there is something like the promise of it playing around her too serious mouth. “I imagine it is not sometimes,” she muses, wondering what it must be like to be dead—to feel the eternal coldness of it settle into your chest.

“I feel like the afterlife must be bleak always.”

There’s no pity there or sorrow for what he has felt. She feels the stirring of curiosity and the otherworldly pull of gravity toward things she should avoid, a hook in her belly—a hunger she doesn’t understand. The grating fury buried in his voice should drive her away and she instead finds herself pulling closer as she feels the weight of the stars begin to dot the sky above them. She could pull them down, she thinks. Could bring the cold fire of their life between them, but she prefers the darkness.

“Dacian,” she murmurs his name, meeting his gaze. “I am Aurorae.”

Aurorae

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you're such a pretty face but you turned into a pretty big waste of my time - anyone - by aurorae - 12-27-2019, 07:48 PM