• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me, any
    i will be brutal
    Her smile is soft and warm – everything he has always wanted his to be. Brightness comes easily to her and he’s glad whatever curse still lingers in his blood has not found its way to her. His focus shifts briefly to the flowers around her hooves as they seem to stir from a slumber in the glow of her happiness. When she smiles, it seems, the world rejoices with her. He laughs softly before meeting her gaze once more.

But the name doesn’t seem to stir any deeper connections than simply recognition, he notes. Or perhaps she only knows of Tephra, and nothing of his youngest child at all. He rather enjoys the way her voice knows no boundary in terms of volume and instead makes itself loud and clear. It makes it that much more upsetting when she tenses at his approach. He shrinks back in immediate remorse as a brief frown finds its way across his lips. This expression comes naturally but he tries unsuccessfully to hide it.

Lovewell. Darling. It summons a fresh ache to the surface of his heart and he finds his breath leaving him in a sharp exhale. Larva has always loved each of his children with Dillan, but Darling had been the apple of his eye from the moment she took her first breaths. She had been every ounce of kindness that he could never find within himself. Of course that was this girl’s mother, he thinks, a weak smile forming on his face. It is tinged with a deeply rooted sadness but he says nothing of his daughter’s fate. In due time, he thinks.

I do know her. I was there the day she was born,” he explains, unsure of how to explain himself. He had never met any of his grandchildren before. None except Samael, he supposes. “I was.. am her father. Your grandfather.

The words tumble out, awkward and unsure of themselves. He does not know how to be soft and warm like them and so it does not come naturally. He swallows nervously and stares off at the horizon for a moment to regather his thoughts, to avoid her gaze for a while.

Vulgaris is my youngest child, Darling’s baby brother. Well, not a baby to anyone but me, I guess. Should we go to Tephra and see him?
    @[lovewell] he's so bad at this i'm so sorry

Messages In This Thread
    RE: for all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me, any - by Larva - 01-09-2020, 08:59 PM