• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you wear me out, pteron

do you think God stays in his heaven because he, too, lives in fear of what he has created?

The little gasp that comes curling so meekly from Pteron’s throat delights Ghaul but he does not pursue another taste of the pegasus. Instead, he is happy with what little he has taken for himself while the other tries to explain stars from him. His voice wavers with the trembling of his nerves and it oddly soothes the monster-boy. Some of the words he says don’t make sense but he likes the idea of these stars being unattainable, beyond reach. His tail swishes back and forth while he considers this description for a moment longer.

They sound nice,” he mumbles at last as he tips his chin upward to look at the sky in the hopes he might be able to see them this time. But he can see only that same empty blue that he is used to – a sky full of questions rather than answers. He sighs in mild disappointment before returning his attention to his new plaything. In his mind, they are friends now, but the title assures him only slightly more safety than others.

His small ears swivel forward curiously when Pteron makes his request and then a thunderous laughter comes rumbling up and over Ghaul’s lips. No one had ever simply asked him not to devour them. Well, at least not before he was already sinking his teeth into them. His scaled head tilts as his smile remains smeared across his oddly handsome face. He bumps his nose gently to Pteron’s jawline in a somewhat affectionate gesture.

I like you, Pteron. I will keep you whole. I think you’d be less funny if I ripped those wings off,” he snickers. Still, he leans closer to touch his lips to those feathers once more, and they make him think of Clarissa. Even the memory of his twin flame softens his edges and relaxes his taut shoulders for a while as he looks back to his friend’s face.

Is it easy for you to fly?

The question must seem odd, but there is always some difficulty in landing or taking off for him. He has found himself tumbling into shrubs or rocks before in his attempts at flight. It must be so much easier to be able to see, he thinks with a tinge of jealousy.

ghaul

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    you wear me out, pteron - by ghaul - 11-21-2019, 10:05 PM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by Pteron - 11-22-2019, 05:51 PM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by ghaul - 11-24-2019, 07:29 PM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by Pteron - 11-25-2019, 12:05 AM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by ghaul - 11-25-2019, 01:07 AM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by Pteron - 12-03-2019, 05:21 PM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by ghaul - 12-17-2019, 08:51 PM
    RE: you wear me out, pteron - by Pteron - 12-28-2019, 10:24 AM