• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  heaven is on fire; aeolus
    we've been running away from space and time
    if we don't fit in the grand design
    From what he can remember, his mother had always been concerned about his predator tendencies. She had whispered her concerns quietly to his grandma Adria about such things. Even if his mother had never spoken to him directly about it, he knew his ability had been uneasy for her.

Being a predator was nothing he could change though. His mother knew that very well, but perhaps it was her feat that Aeolus one day would get himself in trouble for something big. Thankfully, his father understood what it was like to be a predator. He taught him how to control it and not suppress it. There was no way an instinct like being a predator could completely be destroyed and caged. It was simply nature for him to hunt and feast upon other animals.

Celina’s excitement to see him quickly draws a boyish grin across his purple lips. It was true he had gotten a lot taller. “I suppose I did!” Aeolus had never thought of that until now.

He was no longer the fluffy little purple colt she had met in the Playground. Well, neither she was either. Aeolus couldn’t miss how much Celina had changed too. She definitely had been a pretty sight when they first met, but Aeolus had never thought of filly’s in that sort of way before. He was pretty sure one of the other foals had told him that fillies had some sort of disease called cooties. Was it even true? The yearling isn’t even certain still to this day.

“Oh!” He says with excitement when she reveals the white scales that adorn her limbs now. Aeolus has always had scales since he could remember ever swimming in the water. Naturally they appeared somehow—his mother told him it was part of being a creature of the sea. “Wow really?” Aeolus hadn’t ever guessed Celina would be one to be like him—a predator! It was rather shocking and exciting at the same time. However, he never had thought of prey animals to be any lesser.

“My dad took me hunting too. I never knew it could be so fun.” The memory is something he is rather fond of. At first it had been like a game of chase he played before with the other foals on the island, but then it turned into something quite more. He never thought he would be so good at hunting or how natural it felt to eat some of the sea creatures that lived near their island.

Aeolus smile increases a little wider when she mentions this is her fishing grounds and if he liked fish. “I definitely do like fish!” He laughs and considers their moonlight surroundings for a moment. “You have a great spot here for hunting. I bet you get some good catches.” Aeolus wonders if their fish are the same as his home. “What kind of fish do you catch here? The fish in my home are very colorful.”
    then no one can ever confine us, and no one can ever define us
    we're just trying to live where the wild things are
    Aeolus

@[Celina]

Messages In This Thread
    heaven is on fire; aeolus - by Celina - 11-23-2019, 10:35 PM
    RE: heaven is on fire; anyone - by Aeolus - 11-24-2019, 02:25 AM
    RE: heaven is on fire; anyone - by Celina - 11-24-2019, 11:21 AM
    RE: heaven is on fire; anyone - by Aeolus - 11-25-2019, 03:01 PM
    RE: heaven is on fire; anyone - by Celina - 12-06-2019, 09:27 AM
    RE: heaven is on fire; anyone - by Aeolus - 12-07-2019, 02:03 PM
    RE: heaven is on fire; anyone - by Celina - 12-08-2019, 02:43 PM