• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

blue eyes and blue skies fade into the dark; aten
    So far, their conversation was pleasant and simple, a neutral but friendly territory where neither was willing to leave just yet. Aten laughed at Lilliana's put in her two cents about Popinjay, agreeing wholeheartedly with her statement. She then moves on to ask about Kalil, if Aten and Lethia would let him accompany the chestnut mare on her next assignment for Taiga's diplomacy. While the stallion was a bit apprehensive, simply because Kalil wouldn't be with either Aten himself or Lethia for his first adventure like that, he was not against it either.

And there was one very important factor that he would tell Lilliana about her idea. She had turned her gaze away from him, so Aten spoke in a calm manner to let her know he wasn't offput by her words.

"I think that is an excellent idea Lilliana, for a number of reasons. Perhaps he won't feel as pressured either, to be responsible and enjoy himself at the same time, since he won't have myself or Lethia looking over his shoulder. I trust you to look after him, and the other way around as well. He is a sensible colt, and can learn a lot from you I'm sure."

The idea grows after Aten spoke more to include Ruth on Lilliana's next adventure, and once again, Aten expressed his approval. Three in a group, four if one counted Amica since the feline would most likely accompany Kalil for they were hardly ever apart outside of the feline's hunting. All three of them knew each other as well, and could watch each other's back in case of trouble.

The stallion then spoke again, "Perhaps I will accompany you one day on a mission as well; it would be a welcome change of pace, to once again learn tricks of the trade and see how others handle matters like the ones you are trained for."

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: blue eyes and blue skies fade into the dark; aten - by Aten - 12-15-2019, 02:29 AM