• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    All for One [Any]
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It is strange, perhaps, to any outsider, that they still call one another their brother. The Brotherhood they belonged to is gone, save for the two of them and their leader, Jesper’s grandsire. Brennen had, in fact, been somewhat of a family figure to Leilan as well, but more in the sense of a distant uncle - at any rate, the man was family but less of a brother to him. Not like Jesper, who was his best friend, a sparring partner either in mocks or with words, as became apparent once again when the sleek-built male continued the joke at his own expense. In fact, he even made it worse for himself, the unexpectedness with which he did so forcing a chuckle out of the broader roan, as well.

”Fruitful is a word.” Going briefly over the past year, the scaled silver roan decides that that is as good as anything. ”A fairy sent me here. I did a few tasks she asked of me, and some she did not need to. I’ve adopted Beryl as she had nowhere else to go… now you have a lady lion running around the Isle.” His eyes turn to the northern part of the Isle without finding anything so his gaze focuses back on the black stud in an instant. ”I’d much appreciate if you could help her shift back.” He grins a little - after all, though shifting is what he asked the fairy for, to be fully horse or fully dragon instead of this in-between state, he doesn’t know yet how it works exactly.

His brother-in-name asks about his future plans, but the roan shakes his crest. ”Now, I’m not so sure what’s next, yet. I’ve been thinking to hit the Field just to see if anything interests me these days.” he smiles a little, unsure if Jesper would like such news of his leaving again, but the point is that ever since he stopped being Icicle Isle’s leader, he has the feeling of not entirely fitting in out here, even if he seems made for the place. As a former leader he feels like an intruder, some days. Some other days it’s fine, but really his days in Hyaline under Kensa had been much more ideal.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Jesper]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    All for One [Any] - by Jesper - 12-04-2019, 07:45 AM
    RE: All for One [Any] - by Leilan - 12-26-2019, 09:10 AM
    RE: All for One [Any] - by Jesper - 01-23-2020, 08:28 AM
    RE: All for One [Any] - by Leilan - 01-27-2020, 03:45 AM