• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sinner, Litotes, Anyone;
    LITOTES

It is in a rare moment of clarity—before he locks himself away in a cave to forget—that Litotes finds the scent of Valdis.

He is in his lion-form, the tuft on the end of his tail flicking irritably back and forth. The pale of his white coat glimmers in the last of the dying sun, hot oranges and yellows reflecting where his fur isn’t marred by dust. Lie watches as the purples and indigos melt into the sky. The ghost of a smile lifts his lips, but quickly disappears when the scent of birth mingles with the clear springtime air.

Humpf, the lion grunts, lifting gemstone eyes in the direction the breeze took the scent from. Lie lifts from his tensed sit and pads slowly that way, then quickly picks up his pace when he realizes who it is that is giving birth. “Valdis,” the lion murmurs to himself, heart rate thudding aggressively in his chest while he weaves between tightly clumped trees. Dapples of beautiful dying light color the forest floor but all Lie can think is I know that must be my child. Now he runs swiftly, deft feline body finding no issue with dodging tree trunks.

Litotes knows Valdis has someone else, someone he knows he should make an enemy of. Sinner, the once bold king of Sylva, clearly haunted her, even when they curled into each other’s loneliness. Misery loves company, Lie told himself, even though in the back of his head he knew this misery will turn to danger if the hellhound finds out about Valdis’ affair.

And it does just that. Danger sits heavily in the air when Litotes finds Sinner bristling over Valdis.

Mine,” the lion growls, curling the night’s shadows protectively around himself. The tendrils reach possessively around the triplets and their mother, even as Lie focuses solely on Sinner. “He’s mine. And the other two might be mine, as well.” The last sentence comes out as a snarl. Lie knows that they might be Sinner’s, as well, but they certainly look more like their mother than the pair of fathers.

The hackles on Lie’s back raise while he crouches defensively. Something heavy in his chest tells him how terribly this is about to go wrong.

and let the cool air in, feel the night slip in
    as it softly glides across your back
    and i hope you leave right before the sun comes up
    so i can watch it alone

@[Valdis] @[Sinner] let's fight!!!!!!

Messages In This Thread
    Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by Valdis - 12-06-2019, 12:51 PM
    RE: Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by Sinner - 01-25-2020, 08:20 PM
    RE: Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by Valdis - 02-07-2020, 02:39 PM
    RE: Sinner, Litotes, Anyone; - by litotes - 02-18-2020, 08:21 PM