• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Special delivery, Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

”Perhaps,” she scoffs with indecision, reluctant to accept Pteron’s answer. Her pregnancy seemed like an eternity and her body swelled with an obscene roundness that shivers down her spine when she recalls seeing her reflection in one of the ponds. ”If only you could get pregnant and deal with all that awful crap,” a low growl tumbles airily through her, only half joking as her thoughts trail toward the Mountain and the outlandish requests the faeries have received throughout the centuries. A jagged and amused smile races across her lips when she jerks her head to look at Pteron. ”I’m sure we could make it happen. How funny would that be?” It wouldn’t bring him as much joy as it would her, but the coldness in her stare reflects how little she would regard his misery. After what she dealt with, it’s warranted, she thinks.

Despite the bite of her words, however, Reia is somehow able to soften just slightly when her attention drops down to their daughter. The mingling of father and child spurs a warmth in her gut that pours through her veins and into her encased heart. ”Cute,” the remark is a monotonous drawl, but admittedly, the iciness of her demeanor melts at the sight of them together.

Adarra is accepting of the affection, beaming up at her sire as he ruffles her Mohawk and presses a tender kiss on her poll. The only thing she can reach is his shoulder where she dutifully mimics the gesture in response to hearing her name spoken from his own lips. ”Me,” she agrees sweetly as she presses her forehead into him, her tail wagging from side to side as though flies were swarming her.

Silently, Reia remains a bystander to the affection shared between her family – her new family. Her cerulean gaze slides back and forth, conflicted between joyful and skeptical. ”She is strong. She will make you – us – proud, I think,” hopefulness leaks into her voice as her mouth pulls back in a feeble smile, imagining what will become of their firstborn. ”Perhaps next season I can give you a son,” Reia focuses solely on Pteron then, searching his expression for an inkling of betrayal or disinterest. He always reeks of others, but there are two that are increasingly potent.

She renders their importance, storing away the scents for a later interrogation.

For now, in this moment, she accepts simply being here with their bodies pressed close for the sake of their familial image. ”We could be so great together,” she slyly whispers, funneling her attention onto their daughter as Adarra nuzzles her father one last time before wobbling away to nurse.   

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-09-2019, 10:21 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-13-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-17-2019, 09:40 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-09-2020, 08:31 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-10-2020, 11:07 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM