• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Special delivery, Pteron;
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

She doesn’t believe him.

It’s not really a surprise – there is no trust between the two of them.

There are only two things they share – Adarra and the knowledge that Reia will never let go once she’s sunk her claws in.

It’s a matter of waiting now, of counting the minutes until they are alone and Reia shows him exactly how displeased she is with him. When she reaches out to bump Adarra, Pteron is certain the time has come, but his wife merely smiles at the girl, who looks back adoringly with olive eyes just like his own. Emotions clash within his chest, paternal love swelling only to be pressed back down by apprehension. ‘Age won’t affect that’, she tells him, effortlessly batting away his effort to dissuade her from the idea of more children while eyeing him skeptically. Adarra returns to her nursing and Reia continues to place kisses along the tender skin of his neck and jaw.

They’re reminders, Pteron thinks, of how easily her caress can turn cruel, of how easily his blue and white skin will split beneath her teeth. He bears it, for Adarra, even as his wife begins to expound upon her plans for their newborn child. Not until she mentions claiming down Pteron look away from the child, meeting Reia’s blue gaze with a shake of his head. He does not know what Sochi and Castile had taught Reia, what they might have told her to make her so certain that the world was hers if she bit hard enough or blew enough fire. But he will not each that to Adarra.

She will know better.

He will do better

A single bead of red blood wells where she bites at his shoulder, but the skin there knits back together quickly, healed by the time he begins to speak.

You chose a path where you weren’t wanted.” Pteron replies back, his voice pitched low to keep the almost satiated Adarra from hearing. “I’ll make sure she is not so selfish to make that mistake. I’ll teach her respect, and that no amount of force and teeth and fire will make someone love her.”

The fire along his wife’s neck grows brighter, a sure sign of her fury. Adarra comes to stand in front of them then, and Pteron looks down at the smiling little shield and back at Reia. He takes a breath to calm his nerves, and manages to smile back at the girl when she looks at them searchingly.

-- pteron --

@[Reia]

Messages In This Thread
    Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-09-2019, 10:21 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-13-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-17-2019, 09:40 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-09-2020, 08:31 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-10-2020, 11:07 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-14-2020, 11:46 AM