• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Special delivery, Pteron;

no one really knows what the ocean hides
    but you and I, bird, we’re gonna find out

What he says, all of it, should be enough to chase her away. His barbed words are venomous and sink far deeper below her skin, settling across her heart. It should be breaking underneath the trauma of what he confesses, but instead, it blackens. Each word batters against her, but Reia refuses to stumble or shatter. It gives her strength and resilience.

He is testing me, she tells herself comfortably, he is testing my loyalty and determination – my resilience.

A fire ignites inside her, a primal lust. A jagged, Cheshire grin stretches the corners of her mouth, almost maniacally. Her eyes blaze with the fire along her crest. ”You came to Loess, to my home, to me, Pteron,” she does not yell as every piece of her wants to melt into him. He is always so aloof, so withdrawn, that Reia cannot help to greedily feed off the emotion radiating off his skin. Her body inches closer, still wanting him, still adoring him beneath the shaded pines. ”Our parents made it official, and I am devoted to you,” she breathes, stressing the importance of their situation, so devoted to you.” A loss of reality masks Adarra behind the illusion that Reia is alone with Pteron, offering herself wholly to him as her body melts into the passion of his voice.

But Adarra is there, watching, inching backward. Her small head inclines, her olive eyes darting back and forth between her parents. Of course, she doesn’t understand, but the tension rising is a thick cloud that engulfs her. Rooted to the ground, Adarra doesn’t flee. She merely glances away as though her phantom twin will emerge from the brush and whisk her away.

Reia, through her teeth and with her eyes wild, quietly adds, ”You will teach her nothing. You’ve shown me no reason why you should,” she pauses to grin, ”Show me reasons why and maybe I will reconsider, my love.” The flames along her tail hiss as she sweeps it to the side in her turn to face their daughter. ”My little darling,” she croons as she edges closer, playing the role of loving mother while Pteron watches by resting a kiss on their child’s poll. 

and I'll be next to you when the lights go out

Reia

@[Pteron]

Messages In This Thread
    Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-09-2019, 10:21 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-13-2019, 12:20 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 12-17-2019, 09:40 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 12-17-2019, 10:26 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-08-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-09-2020, 08:31 PM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Reia - 01-10-2020, 11:07 AM
    RE: Special delivery, Pteron; - by Pteron - 01-11-2020, 09:09 AM