• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  seek me out; round iii
    <link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Allura&display=swap" rel="stylesheet"><style>.lucrezialayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#8dbbb1;} .lucreziagradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -o-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: -moz-linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); background: linear-gradient(#091016, #1d2f3e, #091016); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .lucreziapic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.imgur.com/vZ3Hghs.png');background-size:contain;margin-top:-55px;} .lucreziaquote {width:600px; font-size:26px;font-family: 'Allura', cursive;color:#1d2f3e;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:20px;} .lucreziapost {padding:40px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:5px;text-align:justify;font:13.5px times;color:#091016;}</style><center><div class="lucreziagradient"><div class="lucrezialayout"><div class="lucreziaquote"><center>Here it comes with no warning; capsize, i'm first in the water</center></div><div class=lucreziapost>Crossing over several of the shifting dunes, the golden mare remains at her side, travelling at a parallel pace. The screams of agony echo across the dunes, although fading the further the two mares travel away. Lucrezia glances to her side, considering the golden mare curiously for a moment, but the golden mare keeps her eyes forward with a stern expression on her finely golden chiseled features. She recognizes that expression, a visual replica of herself. It was the same expression she always saw on her face when looking at her reflection.

It was a face she wore to hide every emotion she ever felt. The deceit she felt when her family betrayed her after sending her to live in the deserts; disappointment she felt when she could not save the deserts from the flood before it became something of the past and failing to lead Tephra; words she should have spoken before it was too late; and times where she should have forgiven herself.

Suddenly, a cold wind rises and sends a shiver down her spine. Her reflection, the golden woman, is slowing down, but she continues forward, unable to stop. The screaming of terror finally fades. The golden woman turns to face the opposite direction, where she was almost murdered by her son, and where the stallion is a black dot against the golden sand now. The wind howls around Lucrezia, she trembles at its chilling touch, and wishes only to escape it, to run away and leave the golden woman behind. She cannot, something tells her to stop, even if she doesn’t want to, and she turns back to face the golden mare whose back is turned against her still.

“You cannot change what has already happened,” She says to the golden woman, but it is almost like she is telling herself that too. Lucrezia closes the distance between them, halting at the golden woman’s side, watching the black dot that lays against the golden grains. The wind blows harder, shifting the sand in the distance. Eventually the body of the black stallion will fade along with all the memories of the desert.

“I know,” The golden woman says.

Lucrezia’s nutmeg gaze turns to focus on the other mare. The golden mare turns to face her as well, a soft smile growing on her lips. “But there is always a chance you can,” the golden woman tells her. Lucrezia’s brow furrows at her remark.

Before the winged champagne mare can say anything, the wind howls, and the grains of sand pick up. Her vision goes blurry, a cloud of blackness blinds her, until two silhouettes, gold and black come into view. The gold and black shapes focus slowly against the desert background. She instantly recognizes both women; they had been separated in death but now were together. They had always been together, lovers, ruling side by side. She only knows their names by stories, legends of her home—Craft and Anatomy.

A terrifying sound of something tearing echoes behind her, Lucrezia quickly turns away from the two queens, finding the curtain between the two worlds torn open. <I>Bring her back</i>, says an unfamiliar voice. Lucrezia turns back where the two queens were standing, but she only finds the golden mare in front of her now. <I>Reunite her. Reunite them.</i> The voice tells her again.

“You loved her very much didn’t you?” Lucrezia asks staring at the golden mare. For a moment, she feels jealous for the love the two women shared. Her heart feels heavy at the realization of her jealousy. If she had not been so caught up in all her failures and hating herself, she perhaps could have loved someone—someone like Etojo.

Craft nods her head. “She was my lover, my soulmate.” She pauses for a moment, the golden mare turning her gaze to the curtain that tore open, creating a portal between the two worlds. “My everything,” Craft says looking back to Lucrezia. “I’d do anything to be with her again.”

There were many times she had wished to have another life. Lucrezia would have done anything to erase the life she had lived before. However, she wasn’t given a second chance to live a different life. She was given a chance at the same life, but this time she could mend the things that had broken her and not let them destroy him.

Now she could give someone else a chance to live the life they were meant to have. It was almost cliché how she did not want a second chance before when her father came for her and stayed behind, but now she had the chance to reunite two lovers back together.

“I can reunite you,” she tells Craft. “I know you were meant to be together. You should have been together in the very end.” A weary look crosses over Craft’s golden features. Lucrezia takes a step forward with a soft expression on her cream-colored face. “You deserve to have a chance together. Staying here, in this world, will not give you that opportunity. I know that more than anything. The Deserts was my home. I loved it so much, but we have to let it go. We have to let go of the past and stop living in it. I know this new world can give you everything you want. Everything you deserve to have…” Lucrezia trails off.

<I>Everything I always deserved to have too</I>, she thinks.

“Please, trust me,” Lucrezia says softly.

A smile curls on Craft’s lips as her words fade into the howling wind. The sand swirls around them, blowing harder. “I trust you,” the golden woman says and takes a step forward, waiting for Lucrezia to take the lead.

The two mares then move into the sandstorm that begins to swirl and howl more around them. Crossing over the dunes, Lucrezia leads the way towards the portal. She can taste sand in her mouth, every step she takes is blinding, but she keeps close to Craft, ensuring the mare follows her.

Reaching the swirling vortex, the portal between the old and the new world, Craft suddenly stops at the edge. Lucrezia turns to face the golden mare. “We will go together. I promise I won’t leave you.” She tells Craft even though she is hesitant herself. Would they both make it back to the Beqanna she knows?

Lucrezia shakes her head, knowing it was best to not focus on the <i>what ifs</i>. It was now or never. Craft moves to her side, Lucrezia smiles and nods her head. Together the two mares step into the portal. </div><div class=lucreziaquote style="padding-top:0px;"><center>...too close to the bottom.</center></div><div class=lucreziapic></div></div></div></center>
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    seek me out; round iii - by anatomy - 12-09-2019, 07:18 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by bean - 12-09-2019, 08:15 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Leilan - 12-10-2019, 09:54 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Castile - 12-10-2019, 11:32 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Ruthless - 12-10-2019, 02:47 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Wishbone - 12-11-2019, 01:05 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Oceane - 12-11-2019, 01:16 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Tatter - 12-11-2019, 11:15 PM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Neverwhere - 12-12-2019, 10:34 AM
    RE: seek me out; round iii - by Lucrezia - 12-12-2019, 07:40 PM