• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm still waiting for the world to end; tarnished
    She barely notices the other stallion approaching and doesn't even glance at him when he screams her question out at the blood covered stranger. Her single eye peers at him desperately and she fights with the fog of time to remember where on earth she's seen those eyes before. There's something about them that just makes her feel ... safe.

The bloody stallion responds to the boy, grinning with a mouth full of dazzling white fangs. She's terrified and yet still can't move away.

And then his body begins to change.

She watches, transfixed, as the stallion's snout lengthens, his coat hardens (dark scales that are so charred they look hot to the touch) and spikes begin to grow out of the entire length of his spine. She is frozen, staring, until the transformation is complete.

She knows this form.

She knows him.

"You." She takes a trembling, half step forward, eye fastened on the monstrous face. "It was you." She's instantly transported back to a time when a weakened, malnourished filly had dragged herself into this meadow. Then that filly had been attacked by a stallion that had not thought her worthy of life. And she'd been saved. By a pair of mares and ... a monster. This monster.

"You're the one that saved me."

The other stallion has approached her now, speaking words that she barely hears. He doesn't understand what's happening here. "No, no." She mumbles at him, orange-flecked eye never leaving the beast's face. "I don't need saving, not from him. He saved me."

She takes another step forward, more confident this time. "Where have you been?" It's been a long, long time. Years. She is a far cry from the child she'd been on that fateful day. And possibly, so is he.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'm still waiting for the world to end; tarnished - by Fiasko - 08-11-2015, 11:32 AM