• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Any
    so give me hope in the darkness that I will see the light
    'cause oh that gave me such a fright
    It has been some time since he was here.

Most of Brennen’s time he bides in Ischia, or wherever Nihlus wants to be; he finds constant pleasure and youthful energy at his lover’s side, and so far nothing has been able to part him from the younger stallion. Occasionally he visits his descendants, moving from land to land with little concern for whether he is welcomed or not. But somewhere in the back of his mind he is constantly keeping track of a little seaside land he has twice pledged his loyalty to, though so far he has not had to uphold his most recent promise.

He is their Champion; a mantle he took up willingly for his spotted friend Breckin and he has not yet set aside, though she no longer rules the cliffs and craggs of Nerine. It would have been easy to break from them after Scorch left him, after Breckin was no longer their Khaleesi, after his long-daughter Heartfire also stepped aside…but, once Brennen pledged himself to the Kingdom fully. To this place where the spirit of lands lost still burned bright, and he cannot bring himself to cut those ties completely, though he grows ever more distant from the land’s changing residents.

The water-mage hasn’t even met the current Queen, and doesn’t know where his grandson stands now in the ranks. He had been advisor to Heartfire, a boy grown into his own as a man, but Brennen has been lax in keeping tabs on Jesper as well, as the boy grew more confidently into his own; there is always more to do to raise up the younger children than those who have flown the nest.

From high above, soaring on warm thermals, he can feel the call of the stormy sea. It is not his sun-warmed shores of Ischia, but a more feral and dangerous set of waters here in Nerine. Once, the sea here had felt foreign, driving Brennen to leave Nerine again and again. Now all water feels like his own skin, but other things keep him away.

He lands in the water, knee deep and completely unphased by the waves that crash around him, taller than the bay, soaking him to the skin. Amber eyes flick upwards and around, as if he can ‘see’ the magic he is checking, the net he had cast soon after learning to control the magic, the early-warning system should he ever be needed. Only after ensuring its continued pulse and strength does he wade onto the pebbled shore, calling for the one the land tells him is its Queen. He doesn’t know her name, so his gentle mental call is vague, simply a feeling, but it should be enough to pique and interest and draw her to him. At the same time he sends a little wave across the other net, the far-flung one that ties him to all of his children and Scorch’s, wondering who else is here and inviting them to come to him as well.

And then, to all appearances, he closes his eyes in the late autumn sunshine and falls asleep.
    but I will hold, as long as you like
    just promise me we'll be alright
    BrenneN

@[Neverwhere]

also any of his or scorch's descendants who might want to play if they're around he 'pinged' that net as well :3 @[Jesper] @[Leilan] @[Eurwen] are on the board and I know they would be in that list

Messages In This Thread
    give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Any - by Brennen - 12-31-2019, 12:23 AM