• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a shadow in paradise
    your waves are pulling me under
    i'm caught in your riptide
    Eva knew the open water could be a scary place for anyone. It had not been that way for the purple nereid though. She was handcrafted for the open waters and born with a love of it. The sea had been her first home, and she finds nothing more than knowing she was meant to be part of it.

She wanted everyone to enjoy the water as much as she could. There was no fear in the water. Perhaps the depths of the ocean held predators of the sea, but in the swallow water there was nothing to fear.

The sea mare understands why her friend is nervous about swimming. New things are always scary in the beginning, but once you try it a couple of times it doesn’t seem so bad. Velkan just needed a little push and she was happy to be the one to do that.

When Velkan makes his way into the water, her smile lifts a little. She hears him talk about trusting her, which she is happy to at least know she has; however, it was not trusting himself to overcome his worries. Eva knew she could help with that.

“You’re going to have to trust yourself that you can do it,” she says when he stops knee-deep into the shallow waters in front of her. “I promise this time you won’t be sinking.” No one would be doing that today. “I’ll be right here with you every step of the way,” the nereid says before moving forward to their lessons.

“The first step is to relax.” She says with a reassuring smile. “The next step is getting yourself moving. When you are swimming the key is to always keep your legs moving. Just think of it like you are walking on land, but with more powerful strides. Stronger leg movements will help you move through the water.” Eva then turns around and swims further into the open sea. “Let me show you,” she says as the water rises higher around her.

Feeling that the water-level around her is good enough, she glances to Velkan making sure he is watching. The water is crystal clear enough for him to see her demonstrate the movements. Eva shows him how to move his legs slowly and then in faster with stronger strides.

“It’s important to keep your head up when you are swimming too. If we are in the swallow parts of the water it’s no big deal, only when you are swimming in the deeper parts of the water should you try and keep your head up high,” she adds.

Finishing her demonstration, the purple sea mare swims back to where she previously was. Are you ready to try?” She asks with a smile. “I’ll be right by your side the whole time!”
    Eva
    the dame of ischia

@[Velkan]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-18-2020, 05:08 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-19-2020, 02:38 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-28-2020, 12:03 AM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 01-31-2020, 03:57 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Eva - 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: a shadow in paradise - by Velkan - 02-03-2020, 09:29 PM