• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Long May She Reign {Any}
    Oh, Sylva.
    How you’ve always been the keeper of my wee, withered heart.
    But holy wow.
    You sure have pissed me off lately.
    There’s just no chemistry anymore, no zest.
    We need a break, a small separation, a temporary impasse.
    Pretty, pretty words and sparkly little lies.
    Bottom line is - I’m leaving. 
    And I’m taking the kids with me.

Well.
    I’m pretty sure they’re my kids.  I’m nearly certain they fell out of me a little while ago.  But I am having some difficulty remembering what they looked like...or their names. Or who the father was this time.  
    Well anyway, I’m taking two kids with me.
    Fuck it all if they’re not actually mine.
    They’ll grow to love me someday anyway.

And just like that I found myself dancing across the boundaries of the woods of eternal autumn and into the scraggly harshness of Loess’ turbulent homestead.  
    Dear, sweet Loess. 
    You are the cutest, bloodiest kingdom there ever was. 
    Maybe I’ll kick my heels up and stay a spell.
    Wouldn’t that be fun?

I’ve only just settled the minion pair into a small grotto against a hidden ridge when a plaintive call catches my fancy.  Only a few minutes in and already the boredom flees with the welcome sound of desperation.  I doubt they’d like to encounter the likes of me, but that’s hardly my problem and only theirs.  This all the same beautiful fun to me.

“I’d be more quiet if I were you, Dorothy.” I give her a moment to find me where I sit in my feline skin, head tilted at an odd angle and a grin much to wide to be natural. “Or else you’ll wake the monsters.”

@[Mary]

Messages In This Thread
    Long May She Reign {Any} - by Mary - 01-20-2020, 05:25 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Any} - by Jackel - 01-26-2020, 04:13 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Any} - by Mary - 02-10-2020, 08:31 PM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Any} - by Jackel - 02-25-2020, 09:57 AM
    RE: Long May She Reign {Any} - by Mary - 03-11-2020, 03:30 PM