• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i heard there was a secret chord; queens, jason, any
    so you wanna play with magic?
    You could argue, I suppose, that magicians are never truly late - that they, much like wizards, arrive precisely when they intend to. And Camrynn certainly seems to prove that rule – she plays with time, looping it around itself, drawing it ever tighter as she slips unseen and unexpected through the resulting knot. But tighten though it may, it never catches her, not truly.

What does, when she can make the world dance at her whim?

She fades into existence slowly, long after Pevensie and Gaza have already greeted Mast. She knows what's going on, of course she does – she feels everything in the Deserts down to her essence, in her bones. Even when she wanders (as she does, sometimes) she is always tethered here, and not just because of the oath she swore. Yes, she had sworn to the old gods that she would serve the Deserts or lose her magic. But she'd done so to prove the point of her loyalty after she'd already chosen to pledge it. And hadn't it borne out, in the end? She might not have done much to bring the Deserts to greatness, but she'd done nothing but try.

The fact that she's on-and-off raising a miniature army of her own in complete secrecy is irrelevant. She's not going to use it to hurt the Deserts, so it's really almost the same thing as having a secret army within the Deserts.

Almost.

Fully solid, she regards the three assembled horses with a smile. She is as beautiful as ever, her coat a pure dark inky black, no markings save for the gold crook and flail proud across her chest and the thin trail of diamonds and gemstones tracing across her left cheek. And then, of course, there's her eyes – today there's a clear cerulean blue, deep like an ocean. But otherwise, she appears entirely normal.

She greets Pevensie with a gentle touch of her muzzle. They'd come to an understanding of sorts that day when the oasis had appeared. Or at least, Camrynn felt they had. She wonders if the golden mare suspects that Camrynn had played any kind of role in the way things had shaken out with Hurricane, and the daughter the two of them had had.

For just a moment, Camrynn wonders if she'd done right by Pevensie.

But then she turns to Gaza, offering the boy a gentle nod. Then she turns her attention to the King of the Gates, giving him a dip of her head. "And I'm Camrynn, the other queen." she adds smoothly as Gaza finishes speaking. "Mast, welcome to the Deserts. I trust your trip here was a pleasant one. Can I offer you refreshment after your journey? There's nothing like the cool of the oasis after a long trip." Her voice is warm like velvet, and her hospitality is sincere. What does it hurt her to offer him these comforts? The Deserts can easily afford them, and there's plenty of time for this before they get down to the diplomatic nitty-gritty, which she has no doubt is what brought him here.
    CAMRYNN
    co-queen of the deserts, magical, mother of badassery

(I'm literally the worst. Sorry for making you guys wait <3)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i heard there was a secret chord; queens, jason, any - by Camrynn - 08-10-2015, 10:16 PM