• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  felt the wind underneath my wings
    His first stop after being released from Loess, is the Forest. After all this time, the maze of spruce, maple and elm trees still offer Jesper comfort. Their shade provides him the security to slip amongst the shadows. Their scent enters his nares and, simultaneously, invigorates his senses. The bronze-highlighted black draws to a halt. His four limbs cease motion where they are and then, the stallion stretches his whiskered muzzle out in front of him. He tosses his head and starts a ripple effect as the shake travels down his neck and, courses through the rest of his body. He decides that the only way to rid his pelt of the Loess scent is to mask it with another. An unshod hoof rakes across the sodden ground as he tests the now loose soil. He inspects the terrain with his sensitive olfactories before deciding to march ahead.

Nostrils continue to filter through the scents of the Forest until Jesper finds exactly the right spot. Right there, his knees bend and his forelimbs sink into the dirt. Muscled haunches follow suit and then, chin outstretches until cheeks press into the soft soil. A sigh ushers from lungs before the black steed proceeds to press his right shoulder into the dirt and thrust his limbs over his abdomen until he is on his left side. He flips back and forth until satisfied with the amount of dirt plastered to his sides and the number of pine needles embedded into his tresses. The male uprights himself and shakes gently. With a nod of approval, Jesper moves through the narrow passage between the trees.

He only pauses again when his nares detect two scents: one female and one male. Neither scent is familiar and yet, he is curious to meet the bearers of these new colognes. With a decided snort, Jesper pushes forward until his aquamarine gaze catches sight of the copper mare and the white-splashed cocoa stag. He acknowledges the mare first, out of etiquette, with a lowered poll and soft smile. His gaze flicks to the male and, he offers a slighter nod and a fainter smile. There is no recognition behind his eyes; he has absolutely no clue that his gaze rests upon his first born; his son.

For a moment, Jesper gauges the air between the two. It does not seem like a courtship in progress and, for that, he is grateful not to have interrupted such an encounter. Rather, the two are displaying relaxed body language and, a warm expression. The red mare smells of wood though, a different type of tree than what is found here. The scent is strong and, obviously, her home base. After a moment, he recognizes the scent from his brief passage through the redwood forest of Taiga. The male's scent is characterized by the wood of multiple trees; indistinguishable, though, he could say with quite some certainty that the overo male had recently called the Forest home. He feels for the lad; having resided in the Forest, himself.

At this point, the black steed is quite certain that their focus is no longer on each other and, is now on him. He decides it best to introduce himself before things get awkward. "I do apologize for barging in on your conversation. I was out for a stroll and became curious who else may be enjoying the Forest, today. My name is Jesper. And, you are?" He makes a point to gesture towards both of them as he inquires about their identity. Settling back, the black steed casually shifts his weight from one hip to the other. His lobes focus on each of them, waiting to see who would respond first.

Messages In This Thread
    felt the wind underneath my wings - by lilliana - 02-29-2020, 09:27 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-05-2020, 10:47 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 03-29-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 04-07-2020, 04:28 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 04-14-2020, 03:16 PM