• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  felt the wind underneath my wings
    Jesper is not ignorant to how a conversation changes based on those participating. He fully expects the dynamic of the pair to change upon his arrival. However, he could not anticipate the copper mare's widened gaze. Obviously, she knew of him. It is also clear to Jesper that she cannot believe her eyes. As she repeats his name, the coal-toned male nods to affirm her query.

His attention focuses upon the mare's puzzled expression so intently that he fails to note the rising fury in the tri-colored stag. By the time Jesper does shift his gaze, the white-splashed male is mid-lunge. It is too late to dodge the blow. Even if he shifted into his canine form, he would risk a greater injury. Clearly, this guy intends to cause some damage, but he chose an attack that will result in neither permanent physical damage, nor much immediate pain. The black shifts his weight to brace for the inevitable impact. His poll lifts and his bronze-tipped ears flatten to his skull.

Jesper feels a pinch at the base of his neck as blunt incisors latch and squeeze his crest. His instinct is to toss his head back, maybe slap his attacker, in the face, with a heavy wad of tangled locks. He fights the urge to twist or, jerk free. Instead, the black draws his whiskered chin into his breast to arch his neck. He holds this position as the tri-colored stallion broadsides his shoulder and, agily keeps his balance. The force of the collision is enough to slide out from between the other's teeth. The black feels a chunk of his mane rip from their follicles. Jesper holds his coiled posture, with lobes pinned flat to his head. While nestled beneath his thick mane, he picks up the steed's hiss first. How dare you. For a moment, the black is confused as to how he is at fault here. That is, until his acute hearing detects the female's voice and, the second half of her introduction. This is Juice - the Forest dweller.

All at once, the entire scene makes sense. Jesper slowly uncoils himself so that he does not appear as though he plans to counter Juice's attack. His bronze-tipped ears stand at attention and, his cold, nearly white gaze softens. He takes a step away from the white-splashed bay to grant him a respectful space and, to get a better look at him. He takes his time allowing his aquamarine gaze to study the features of his son. He wanted to say, You remind me so much of your mother or, You have her stockings and, her eyes. Somehow, the loquacious fox-shifter is at a momentary loss of what to say.

He glances nervously at Lilliana, wondering what her thoughts are based on what she just witnessed. He glances back at the still-writhing expression of his eldest and, takes a deep sigh. Lowering his gaze, Jesper shifts his weight before parting his maw and addressing both of them. "I know. I am sorry, Juice. I have a lot of explaining to do. Please, hear me out." He hopes that his plea is enough to soften his son's demeanor. Perhaps, the mare's presence will help make the conversation less hostile. He doubts it can be any less awkward though, he had every intention of explaining himself. At the very least, he owes that much to Juice, for the sake of Lamb.

@[lilliana] @[Juice]

Messages In This Thread
    felt the wind underneath my wings - by lilliana - 02-29-2020, 09:27 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-05-2020, 10:47 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 03-29-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Juice - 04-07-2020, 04:28 PM
    RE: felt the wind underneath my wings - by Jesper - 04-14-2020, 03:16 PM