• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

my heart never stops beating for you; birthing

xiah

Almost immediately after her statement, the cave warms up. Pleased with this turn of fortune, Xiah finally makes another tempt to raise herself from the cool stone floor. With a dramatic exhale, the little bundle manages to get to her knees, and from there, straighten her forelegs. Wobbling precariously, Xiah frowns in deep concentration. In two jolting movements, her hind legs snap into rigid straightness.

Beaming, the girl stumbles awkwardly towards the newcomer. He speaks to her soothingly, and she immediately recognizes the man’s voice; he and Mother were never far apart during the pregnancy. Whinnying shrilly, Xiah trips over her spindly legs, managing to catch herself on Errant’s sturdy shoulder.

”Dad,” She tests out breathlessly. ”You’re beautiful too,” She says playfully, thinking herself clever for using such a large word that the adults used to describe her. Sniffling, Xiah rubs her snipped nose against the king, getting snot everywhere. Unintentionally, of course!

Attempting a few more steps, the child spots Mother leaning against Dad. Blinking with aghast, Xiah stumbles around the couple, bumping into Mother repeatedly. When her itty bitty head finds a crevice between their two back ends, she lowers her head like a bull and wriggles herself between them until their shoulders are all aligned. She sniffs again.

”Mmm. I like this.” The last three words come out in a distorted yawn, albeit adorable.  It won’t be long until the newest member of  the Learrant baby falls into her first true sleep, only to wake up later realizing how hungry she is.

You won't have any friends, and I'll live in a room
    With flowers on the walls, and golden doorknobs

Messages In This Thread
    RE: my heart never stops beating for you; birthing - by Xiah - 08-20-2015, 04:21 PM