• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; lepis, any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

Her lips curl into a soft smile when she hears the dun mare’s reply. She gives the other mare a nod. It was reassuring knowing that Lepis wanted her to also come along on the emissary visit to the frozen island. Dracarys wasn’t certain what the visit would truly entail. She can only think about the reactions that Leilan and Jesla might give when they both arrive on the Isle. However, Dracarys will ensure to make sure it becomes a positive one for herself if she must.

When Lepis is ready to go, Dracarys would be ready for whatever came.

Dracarys remains still, keeping her silver-blue eyes carefully on the other mare. The blue roan didn’t know what to expect from the skill that Lepis offered her. It crossed her mind that it might hurt, but she dismissed the idea away. Perhaps it was something more pleasant, something that would make her feel more at peace within the war that raged inside of her.

The feeling of calm comes first. It is a gentle tickle against her skin, a soothing caress that she can only describe as a hug from her mother when she was a filly. Her lips curl into a soft smile, allowing the calm feeling to fill her. Dracarys doesn’t fight against the sensation that takes over her entire body as it slowly flows through her.

Then comes another feeling. A sense of peace, a feeling of wholeness. This feeling is stronger than the first one. It is more intense than she thought. Dracarys had felt this peace at one time. When her world had been whole. When her family had been together. When she had called Sylva her home. When everything had been right. She feels it stretch beyond where the feeling of calm could not go. It flows beyond the physical mind and heart, but deep within her soul.

She feels her rapid heartbeat slow down. Her racing thoughts stop suddenly. The air around her feels clean like she can finally breathe again. Her body relaxes instantly. Dracarys lets a soft breath escape her lips, letting the last bits of her anger leave her entire being. Her silver eyes, filled with peace and certainty, blink and then focus back onto Lepis.

Lepis asks her if she feels better, and Dracarys cannot hold back the grin that grows on her face. “I feel much better,” the dragon mare replies. It was much better than that though. She couldn’t help but wonder more about Lepis’ hidden skill, the magical power it might have, but she doesn’t push to ask such questions now. Her curiosity was for another time. “Thank you, Lepis. I appreciate your help very much.” Because without it, Dracarys wasn’t sure how much she could hold back her emotions even if she held them tightly before Lepis aided her.

@[Lepis]

I figure we can just end here and continue with the diplomat visits now! Smile
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; lepis, any - by Dracarys - 04-18-2020, 05:42 PM