• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    i feel a bad moon rising | Noah
    Sometimes, she lies awake at night and contemplates what she has learned about the Pampas. Some of the stories are her own – things her father had murmured during long evenings when it was just the two of them. Other tales have come from the few family members she has met since then – from Rhy and Leander, at first, and then to her utter bemusement from Nikkai, the matriarch of the family herself. The grulla mare had told Noah just to think of her as a distant aunt, if it made her feel better, but the yawning chasm of many generations doesn’t feel any smaller just because the magical entity has daughters now not much younger than Noah’s own.

Even when she was alone, she could never have brought herself to leave the Pampas. But there had been times when she was lonely enough to consider it, after Wolfbane and Lepis had gone. Still, they had never been particularly far; almost like planets orbiting the same star. Noah’s galaxy is small: Wolfbane, Lepis, Castile, Leliana, her fledging family. 

She is startled into quick movement, jerking her eyes away from the gentle undulations of the breeze through the meadow, when Lepis says she had returned to Loess alone. There’s a slow adjustment in her brain – it has always been WolfbandandLepis, whether they were here, or in Loess, or in Taiga, and it takes the little pegasus a moment to adapt to Just Lepis, and when she does she turns a worried frown on her friend. The statement about Castile is worrying as well, but she leaves it a moment because her priority is the wellbeing of her friend.

Stepping closer, she reaches out to brush a light touch across the closest part of Lepis, green eyes soft. “Are you alright? Truly?” A faint part of her mind is clamoring loudly, alarmed and unhappy at the idea of Castile-as-a-dragon on the rampage, but she ignores it. A bigger part of her is content in the knowledge that Castile would never harm her or the Pampas, even out of control, and that Lepis would not be so calm either if it was still a threat. Still….she is worried about him too. “That doesn’t sound like Castile,”. It might be naïve, but Noah has never seen any part of Castile that wasn’t her friend, and she finds it hard to imagine. 
    NOAH
    that's all there is
    the most loveliest of tables by jassal
    manip by devin | stock credits: @szmigieldesign at unsplash.com
    madishmade, darkbeforedawn23, xxtgxxstock, cactuskim, madetobeunique @ deviantart.com

@[Lepis]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 10:27 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Noah - 03-30-2020, 04:37 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 03-31-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Noah - 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 04-15-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Noah - 04-30-2020, 09:28 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising | Noah - by Lepis - 05-01-2020, 08:08 AM