• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

got a wildcard up my sleeve; aquaria
    "Mama?” her eldest asks.

The trio has spent a few days on Ischia now - enjoying the tides of Paradise. The sun puts a lovely sheen to the copper hue of her coat and her boys seem to thrive on the difference of the shores of Ischia. For a few days, her boys challenge the winds and dare the ocean waves. They shout and laugh and race and the copper mare thinks that coming to Ischia is perhaps the best decision she has made since they were born.

They all had deserved a break.

"Hmmm?” Lilliana replies but keeps walking, her attention focused on another section of the beach ahead of them. An ear flicks back to Nashua before she turns her head to look back at him. The flaxen colt looks up before briefly glancing at his brother, "Did you know Eugene glows?”

She slows and the expression on her face - while still smiling - turns expectant as she waits for the pegasus colt to elaborate. When she finally stops, Nashua bluntly says: "Well, Eugene glows and Yanhua and I glow.” He means his striped markings, the gold of his brothers' mane. She feels her brows raise as he finally continues, "Is he our brother too?”

An emotion falters across her face before Lilliana picks up the pieces, "Love,” she says with adoring patience. She glances at Yanhua as well, curious if the question lingered behind his blue eyes too. "Eugene’s mother glows.” She can feel his green eyes peering up at hers, more questions that she isn’t able to answer rising behind them as the tide behind them has. The chestnut mare considers an idea, "His mother is a Nereid.”

Nashua’s young face scrunches up in curiosity, side-glancing to his twin to see if Yanhua knew what their mother was saying. "A ne?-,” his tongue catches, "a nenereed?”

She can’t help but laugh, fully stopping to turn and lower her head to the colts behind her. "Neer-ee-id,” Lilliana says slower. Nashua struggles with the word a few more times before he finally conquers it, looking up at his mother with an impish and proud grin. Her boys are still young and therefore their legs are rarely still. Before long, they are back to testing Ischia’s changing currents and playing in the tides. A sea breeze tugs at her crimson mane and the Taigan wonders about @[Aquaria], another tropical Nereid.

What have the tides of Time changed for her, she silently wonders.

LILLIANA

all that i'm after is a life full of laughter
    (as long as i'm laughing with you)

art by vhitany
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    got a wildcard up my sleeve; aquaria - by lilliana - 04-08-2020, 06:00 PM