• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  how simple my heart
    DON'T KNOW HOW TO KEEP LOVING YOU
    NOW THAT I KNOW YOU SO WELL

As far as absent fathers go, Mako thinks she could have worse. At least he had witnessed her mother die—she can use that as an excuse for why she has no memory of him. The flash of a pale lion illuminated by moonlight makes the corners of her eyes crease. Litotes. A lion, one fierce enough to put up a fight but not fierce enough to keep Valdis alive. Mako lets herself believe the trauma is what keeps him away.

As far as absent fathers go, I could have worse. She thinks and thinks and thinks, spinning out in the middle of a dusk-covered Loess.

A sigh, so loud and disappointed, mingles with the melodies of summertime insects. Mako leans into their singing, twitching two delicately scaled ears in time with the season’s tune. Here, beneath the receding oranges and clawing indigos, the tranquility of childhood summers relaxes her usually prepared muscles. Memories of tossing and turning with Bruxas, of Castile welcoming them into their family’s den—even with how alienated and cold she feels there is no denying the comfort and love that thrums powerfully beneath Loess’ chaotic reputation.

You’re happy, comes the intrusive thought of a dove. She comes to a fluttering halt upon Mako’s haunches. I wouldn’t call it happy, Mako replies, then turns at the snapping sound of an approach.

“Castile,” Mako murmurs on a breath, frost upon her hide glittering with the colors of the dying light. “I’ve missed you.”

MAKO

@[Castile] :)

Messages In This Thread
    how simple my heart - by mako - 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-11-2020, 03:18 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-13-2020, 08:12 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-20-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 04-26-2020, 02:41 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 04-30-2020, 01:34 PM
    RE: how simple my heart - by mako - 05-06-2020, 01:58 AM
    RE: how simple my heart - by Castile - 05-07-2020, 02:03 PM