• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana
    “I know when you go
    down all your darkest roads
    I would have followed all the way
    to the graveyard.”
    “Not from the afterlife, exactly,” she explains, sifting through the dream-like memories of that particular visit.  She was well acquainted with death. She has died twice, the real kind of deaths, the kinds that feel infinite. The kind you aren’t supposed to return from. She knows how heavy nothing can feel, she knows how dark endless black can truly be. Because when she had been dead the first two times, there was no afterlife.

There was nothing.
    Just her, and the sea, and darkness.

The third and fourth deaths had been courtesy of him, two more twists in their strange story. Her journey in the afterlife that had resulted in her becoming an angel had happened some time in between, but she had not died for it. “I was there when the gates opened,” she ignores the way her heart clenches when her mind wills the memory of Dhumin forward, of his stoic face, and how he had not followed. “I’m not sure what happened. Everything about that time in the afterlife was strange, even compared to the last time I was there.” With Gail, after Carnage had tore open her throat. She is surprised when the thought of her brings with it a flash of guilt; guilt that she is here, and Gail is still trapped there – queen of the underworld, but not a free one.

Lilliana asks who she feels like, and answers that she herself does not know. She angles her head towards her, with a melancholy kind of smile. “I don’t really know anymore, either. There are the things that others say, what they think of me, or what they think I am. Positive or negative, nothing seems to fit.”

She lingers on a pause, searching the copper-colored face of her companion. She could be a selfish, self-centered thing, and sometimes it took her awhile to recognize the emotions that are swimming in another’s eyes. “You seem sadder than when we last spoke,” she comments plainly, but gently, not exactly wanting to pry too deep if it waa not wanted. “Did something happen?”
    ryatah

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: trying to cope and burn just right, lilliana - by Ryatah - 07-04-2020, 01:08 AM