• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Things you've never seen {Tarnished, Any}
    When the emerald mare spoke, her voice sounded somewhat dry, and unmistakably different from the many others he had listened to since his arrival in the Kingdom of the Falls. While his brain puzzled over his lack of ability to process body language and tone of voice, he stumbled over his words in his reply. 'Jacque, ma'am' There was a long pause, before his brain reminded him to continue: 'it's a pleasure to meet you.' He dipped his head in a bow, a gesture of respect to the emerald mare who he learnt was named Astri. It was a beautiful name, but he didn't think it did justice to her jaw dropping appearance. After another, equally long and extremely awkward pause, he sighed. 'I beg your pardon for my antisocial behaviour, I'm terribly out of practice.' He dipped his head again, in acknowledgement of his failure.

Finally plucking up enough courage to meet her gaze, he began to notice other things about her that he could not see from a distance, like the bold white blaze down the centre of her face, and her mismatched eyes which reminded him of the young colt that had introduced him to his beautiful Kingdom. In a way, he mused, those eyes are similar to mine, although he quickly reminded himself that they really weren't, as she wasn't blind, as far as he knew.

He just hoped she'd be more forgiving of him than he was of himself.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Things you've never seen {Tarnished, Any} - by Jacque - 08-05-2015, 05:05 AM