• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the stars nodded, the ocean agreed

oceane
    with tremulous cadence slow, and bring
    the eternal note of sadness in

Lepis evades Oceane's requested promise ─ a fact that she does not miss, though it does not surprise her. Were she in the Regents hooves, she likely would have  come to the same conclusion, and offered the same explanation. What does surprise her is the mention of Lepis' mother. She'd never discussed the woman before, though Oceane had never asked of her, either. She wonders if it had been Loess that her dam had worn the crown of.

Worry eats uncomfortably at the lining of her stomach, but there is naught she can do to change Lepis' course. Instead, she nods in understanding, taking note of their diplomat in Nerine, and then offers a bemused snort at the inquiry regarding things she had learned in Pangea ─ rhetorical or not, to think that she had been privy to any important information while residing in the wasteland was positively laughable.

She had lingered on the outskirts, gathering with the others only when requested, and kept her ears open for word of Castile and the Isle only. Otherwise, the opaline woman had done a fairly commendable job at pretending to be a wallflower. Exploring the contours of Pangea's caverns had been the only useful thing she'd done throughout her stay, and though she loathes to think about the place, she knows it now even when her amber eyes are closed.

The woman speeds up to match Lepis' gait and laughs ─ genuinely, this time ─ at the mention of her boy and Aquaria's. "I may need to send Al to Ischia if we have the hope of ever experiencing a full belly again," she grins before ripping her own pear from the vine. A gust of wind passes by them and with it comes the scent of her son.

"Speaking of the boy... I think he's nearby, and it's about time I see his face again." She presses another gentle touch to Lepis' neck, depositing a small patch of pear juice in her dun fur, before turning in the direction from which the wind had come. "Tomorrow," she calls over her winged shoulder, "I will head for the Isle, and then I will come find you upon my return!"

"@[Lepis]"

n | v
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Oceane - 04-14-2020, 04:19 PM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Lepis - 04-16-2020, 08:27 AM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Lepis - 04-22-2020, 07:25 AM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Lepis - 04-26-2020, 04:25 PM
    RE: the stars nodded, the ocean agreed - by Oceane - 04-30-2020, 02:25 PM