• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  you got me used to loving you

She was not quite what you would call refined.

If she thinks really really hard, she almost remembers him, a little colt with red, downy, wings. Her memory is not the most reliable narrator, though, often coloring and embellishing dull things to be more exciting, but yes, she thinks she remembers him. Elodea. Something like that. Her memory for names is even trickier because she does not really care, and she thinks this is close enough as she circles overhead, large wings casting their shadow on the meeting below.

It is not the first time she has cast such a shadow on such a meeting, but her landings have certainly improved. She wheels and dives swiftly, wings tucked tight for speed and the air ripples over her streamlined feathers with a roar. When she slices through it so fast, it is literally blinding - another thing she learned early on with temporarily disastrous results - and a clear membrane slips over her eyes to protect them from the force.

Though she sees them clearly, she cannot hear their conversation, not the summons, not the purpose, nor the tedious arguments, she sees her adopted dam and Elodea, she sees Owin, Celina and Gnash - whose name she thinks ridiculous and ill fitting. The others are unknown.

There would never be room for her among the trees in this crowd and at the last moment she throws her great blacks wings wide, catching herself hard. The enormous bird jerks with the impact of the air in her feathers, pressing the wind down on those below her as she shifts to a simple pegasus shape, as she lands in the very center of their gathering and her wings disappear beneath her dark skin.

She looks left, then right, from Lethy to Elodea, and grins capriciously at them, knowingly this is exactly the sort of thing everybody hates. She approaches the golden mare first, paying no mind to the firm frown etched into her lips, and butts her head against her mother's shoulder affectionately, then turns to the stallion with a tilt of her head.

"You got big." And Poppy lifts a foreleg to paw at the air in an approximation of his once-small stature, but then her eyes fall on Celina again and they light up.

"Celina!" The young shifter laughs brightly across the clearing, bolting through the tense lines drawn between the opposing sides to greet her pale friend. "Where the heck have you been?" And she is not even remotely quiet, but pauses in her disturbing of the peace to snap at the air at the other mare's lightning bugs.

She misses, but only cuz she wanted to.

Image by Ratty

Messages In This Thread
    you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-29-2020, 09:41 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 04-30-2020, 11:29 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-01-2020, 02:36 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-01-2020, 07:16 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by elio - 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Castile - 05-04-2020, 09:10 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Celina - 05-06-2020, 08:39 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Popinjay - 05-06-2020, 11:29 AM
    RE: you got me used to loving you - by Nashua - 05-06-2020, 07:47 PM