• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Birthing
    aquaria
    - I am a mermaid that you dreamt -

"Hatching"

It seemed an odd word for what her children did, but it was the best one she had. Her eyes glimmered joyously as she took in the sight of her newest little ones. Well. Little one. A colt clung to her side, her little copycat. He shone like a gold coin against her pearly flank, coaxing early milk from her as they waited for his sibling to emerge. 

The pair stood in the cold water of the tide pool that had been the mermaid's nursery these past few moons. Tiny fish and spiral shelled hermit crabs shimmered about the large envelopes anchored in the salt water. One floated empty, the husk that had so recently housed the boy by her side. The other was fat and tight, quivering every few minutes with impatient life. 

She was excited to introduce the pair to their older brothers. What would they think? Would they be well recieved? Oh, but how could such perfect tiny ones not be loved. If she ever ran into the one who'd given them to her, she would have to thank him. Or perhaps not. The seamare had grown accustomed to raising children on her own, and found the idea of sharing them... strange. Not that it was likely she'd run in to the shining stallion again. Wasn't that the whole point of a one night stand? 

No, he'd given her the gift of children without the worry of attachment. Without the risk of rejection. It wasn't a terrible system, all things considered. A bit lonely at times, maybe. Not what she wanted to think about now though. Not with new babies to love.

- swimming away while you slept -

@[Nautilus]

Messages In This Thread
    I am a mermaid that you dreamt // Birthing - by Aquaria - 05-01-2020, 04:31 PM