• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i've got some secrets i forgot to mention
    Marianas nudged his sister's shoulder as she plunged into the water beside him. The broad wings she carried stabilised at the surface by her sides like pontoon floats, feathery rafts that he secretly wished for. Without them though, he was far more nimble in the water. 

With wide eyes, the boy watched the big man dive beneath them, the undulating ribbons of blue and gold fins catching the light beautifully in the clear water. Ma's fins danced like that too beneath the waves. He and Kaimana's were still just short mohawks of keratin and membrane, but he hoped he'd be that beautiful one day. One hoof pawed at the tail of the man as he passed beneath them, curious about their feel. 

When the kelpie's head popped back over the surface, he grinned at his twin, forgetting the bickering they'd nearly gotten into moments before. "North! There's no way you find it first, I'm going to find it first!" He crowed, paddling in the direction indicated. There were islands in the North, they belonged to Ischia but were mostly left to do their own business. Ma hadn't taken them to visit yet, but the sandy coated boy had an idea that the seal pup would be there, on one of them. 

It was a long way to swim though, and even he would be tired by the end of it. Still, it was the beaches and the coves where a lost pup would wash up, and he knew they'd have an easier time reaching those by water. He beamed reassuringly at Kai, the excitement of their quest not yet faded with exhaustion and fear.

@[Ivar] @[Kaimana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some secrets i forgot to mention - by Marianas - 05-18-2020, 01:23 PM