• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'm afraid i'm not pious - heartfire

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

A part of her had expected the gray mare to argue her rather abrupt dismissal. She doesn’t strike Heartfire as one who easily accepts things. Had she the time and inclination, she might have dug deeper, but at the moment she had neither. Still, she does have to give her credit when she does not immediately reject Heartfire’s suggestion.

She is well aware that her brusque approach often sets others on edge, especially those of more forceful personalities. But it speaks well of Aletta’s ability to read in between the lines that she chooses acceptance as the better part of valor. Either that, or she hadn’t cared a great deal in the first place. But then, anyone who didn’t care wouldn’t have waited around that long either.

Regardless, it serves to blunt the sharpest of her edges as she watches the other mare turn to go. Even when she pauses to peer back at them, Heartfire finds her own generosity improved. So much so that, rather than dismissing the other woman’s concern as she might have moments earlier, she finds herself curious. Though perhaps a curious Heartfire is not altogether a better outcome.

Still, it takes her only a moment to discover where the woman had most recently come from, and who she is acquainted with. A ghost of amusement flits through her as she realizes the implications. “We do,” she replies, her soft tone a stark contrast to the brusque hoarseness of Aletta’s. “But thank you.”

With a slight tilt of her head, indicates silently to Aela they should depart as well. As Aletta had moments earlier, Heartfire too pauses to glance at her, though her words are far more wry than grief-stricken. “Until next time.”

heartfire

@[aletta]

Messages In This Thread
    i'm afraid i'm not pious - heartfire - by aletta - 06-08-2020, 08:48 PM
    RE: i'm afraid i'm not pious - heartfire - by Heartfire - 07-17-2020, 04:08 PM