• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The secret of walking on water - Nev and Lethy

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    Still not fully content, Eurwen’s dark eyes shoot from glaring at Neverwhere to Lethy when the latter claims her loyalty is not in question. To her, it had seemed very much so that it had - not for Lethia maybe, but with the silver dapple she wasn’t so sure. Izora seems to try and want to suss the situation, but it seems the bald-faced mare doesn’t quite agree with what she says. She doesn’t have to, but really, the tone isn’t something Eurwen can swallow so easily.

She does have a point though - frequent changes are no good. ”The point, Neverwhere, was to spare you the politics you obviously don’t like, so that you can focus on keeping Wherewolf safe - and perhaps Lilli and her child too, once we find them.” Eurwen’s tone is still not friendly, and a certain edge can’t be helped, but at least she isn’t so obviously enraged any more. Courtesy to the strange feeling of peace she feels. ”But you’re right. I’m done with being fearful. We’ll move it indefinitely then - Taiga and the Isle are no longer your added concern.” At this point, she starts to believe that maybe they should have agreed with Lepis - if only to help Neverwhere off an extra duty she had never wanted. So obviously hadn’t wanted that her subjects were wondering when, not if, it would blow in their faces. But no, it would have been suicide back then - Lepis would have forced both kingdoms together no doubt, whether the north and south were that compatible or not - or so the spotted mare believes. And since Lethy and Lilli proposed that her father take the lead now - well, so be it. Perhaps it was the better choice after all, ironically as it might have sounded to Eurwen the first time.

She turns away from the dappled mare, eyeing Izora Lethia. ”Anything I should tell my dad? Besides that he should go and find Lilliana?” She wasn’t about to tell him about the shared decision that she just made, without the chestnut home safely - and besides, they should all decide it together, as leaders of the lands of Nerine - Eurwen was not in the position to make the final call.

@[Izora Lethia] @[Neverwhere] We can end this one if you like or add something that she should tell Leilan (that visit will be OOC since I don’t fancy a thread with myself). She’s leaving the meeting to update him on politics and ask him to find Lilli, so anything you add in here now he will know. Perhaps he can be asked for a meeting with the territory leaders later idk.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The secret of walking on water - Nev and Lethy - by Eurwen - 07-05-2020, 04:55 AM