• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold
    He knows exactly what Cormorant means, he muses while he watches the two over-excited boys enhance each other’s presence by far. They are both too wild for a place like this - too young, perhaps, might be all, but Leilan never grew past it either. He offers a knowing grin to the kids, amused by Alcinder already... what’s the word, recruiting? - his fishy friend to the north. ”You’re welcome to visit or to stay, just don’t go complaining that the water’s cold.” Thinking of Lilli’s son and of Kulin, he suddenly realizes that he has a lot of young boys up there to train there, at least, if Cormorant’s mother would actually agree with him leaving. Enough though to have them entertain one another, at this point - and to have a diverse enough amount of youngsters from the lands on Beqanna’s main island, to answer any political questions regarding that fact. Heh, the Isle might one day get busy. What a strange idea.

Right now though, between the two firecrackers dancing around one another and towards the island, his main worry is this Dame. It sounds like she would be someone ingrained into the island, and if he’s not mistaken by Cor’s appearance, likely to have a trait matching the place. But he’ll have to deal with that later - or, if he’s lucky and they have an easy understanding, not at all.

The ice-scaled roan brushes these thoughts aside with an amused snort at hearing his title fired right back at him. ”Just call me Leilan, please. But yes, please do show us around - or leave me with your mother if we run into her. I’m sure you two have enough... activities to do between just your selves.”
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[Alcinder] @[Cormorant]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: June suns, you cannot store them, to warm the winter’s cold - by Leilan - 07-24-2020, 10:10 AM