• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you shook me, adna
    V u l g a r i S
    When he met Leliana, he had always known that he would hurt her and any children they might have. A darkness loomed in every corner of his being and still that awful, wonderful woman kissed his face. His love for her had devoured every bit of caution within him and licked its fingers clean, ravenous in its wanting. In time, it also lapped up his darkness and purged whatever sickness lingered in his soul until it grew fat and content with his marriage. It had cost him so much.

His heart breaks when she begins to cry, and he wishes he could draw it all out from her like a poison. It’s okay, she says, but it’s the furthest thing from the truth. His brows furrow and he watches her when she confesses all the worry clinging to her delicate heartstrings. Vulgaris hates how much he understands.

You did not fail, Adna. As long as you love her, you have not failed,” he explains with another gentle kiss to her cheek. “The world is not kind. If I could keep you and all your brothers and sisters safe from it, I would. I would never let you go. But that just isn’t how it works.” He thinks of each of his children and how he had tried time and again to give them the world. The world broke Larke’s heart every chance it got. It devoured Linnea’s heart and made Leliana fight to take her back. He sighs slowly as he reflects on these tragedies.

The man she follows is dangerous. He’s born of the same sickness as my father,” he explains as he feels fear and anger crawling through his veins. He’d hated hearing Larva explain it to him and he hates passing the story along even more. “He is.. family.

The words taste like bile across his tongue and the frown across his face displays his disgust to call him that. He exhales a slow breath that quakes with anger but he keeps himself composed for her sake.
    In this shook-up, twisted world, I'm gradually growing transparent and vanishing
    Don’t look for me; don't look at me
    @[adna]

Messages In This Thread
    you shook me, adna - by vulgaris - 06-17-2020, 05:10 PM
    RE: you shook me, adna - by adna - 06-25-2020, 11:38 AM
    RE: you shook me, adna - by vulgaris - 07-07-2020, 01:56 PM
    RE: you shook me, adna - by adna - 07-19-2020, 08:48 PM