• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Suddenly I'm Miss Midwest (Celeste)

Midnight Checkout Queen

Once upon a time she had been a psuedo-Princess of the Dewdrop Deserts, that magnificant sand Kingdom of old. She'd been a magician, a master-crafter (oh how she had revelled in the things that occcursed in the Slave Pens when she was younger), a demonlitionist and the lover of The Chamber War General named Chain. Once upon a time she had been someone....now? She was a no one.

Seraph shifted uncomfortably in the spherical bubble that was her existance. She didn't know how long she'd been cocooned here, in this void of space and lightning and wind, but where once had been room to move was now nothing but aether pressing against her. A roaring pressure grew beneath her, wordless voices crying, screaming and shouting. At what, she didn't know, but with the tearing sound one hears when a cloth is ripped into two, the lining of her bubble tore, the pressure rushing in to fill the now vacant air as time compressed and space warped before her vision faded into blackness.

Bird-song echoed through her mind and stalks of grass tickled the velvety skin inside her nostrils as an autumn wind, tinged with the slightest chill of winter, blew its merry way across the lands of Beqanna and fingers of air passed over the drenched form of Seraph, curled almost nose to tail half off and half on the grassy banks of a turbulent river. Mahogany eyes forced themselves open against the mid-morning sunlight before her mind registered the chill water and she lurched forward ungainly, almost face planting into a patch of wildflowers but catching herself at the last moment.

Her black coat seemed to drink in the sunlight as she looked around, almost certain she had ended up in Beqanna but the lay of the land seemed different, where once landmarks had been crystal clear there was now something entirely different. Fluffing her feathers out to take advantage of as much sun as possible, she moved off from the river, ears flicking back and forth as she surveyed the surroundings, needing that confirmation of where she had ended up and as she took a moment to revel in a ray of sunlight beaming directly across her closed eyes, enjoying the warmth, she bumped into a solid wall of flesh.

"Can you tell me where I am by chance?"

S E R A P H

[I have no idea where I was going with this but yay for brushing off the dust]

@[Celeste]

Messages In This Thread
    Suddenly I'm Miss Midwest (Celeste) - by Seraph - 06-21-2020, 03:28 AM