• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

something is eating away at me with splendid teeth.
    I wanted to leave something besides a blood trail,
    besides prayers growing stale on my tongue.

She had seen him moving in her direction, kept a careful eye on him from her peripheral. From afar, he looked like any other face in the crowd and even moreso in the dark of the night. Cellar turned her head as it became clear that his path was meant to lead him to her but she said nothing during his approach. Another, this one splashed with two colors instead of one, approached with wings the color of the gaps between the stars. There had rarely been more than one creature in her presence and it made her somewhat nervous to be amongst them then. The girl maintained her usual blank stare, though, as he spoke and her pale head tilted lightly to the left in response. Help? Did she need help?

Her eyes blinked slowly as she considered his question before the other's lips parted to extend an introduction. Perhaps now it was her turn to speak to them as well?

"I am Cellar, servant of-" she paused only for a moment, realizing her mistake, "Former.. servant of my lord Tyrael."

Her voice wavered slightly on the new words but she did not look away in shame or sorrow, rather choosing to keep her eyes trained on each of them as she stared from beneath those long eyelashes.

"I was born to serve, so a new master is needed."

Cellar knew she could always free herself of any chains a master might cast upon her but she found a sense of comfort in having no control. She slept easier at night if her life was not her own to command. Even if it meant killing or stealing another creature, her heart never sang quite so beautifully as when she obeyed. It almost birthed a sense of pity in her that others would never know her peace.

I could give you my body, my flesh,
    offer it up like a sacrifice, like a banquet.
    C

E

L

L

A

R

Messages In This Thread
    RE: something is eating away at me with splendid teeth. - by cellar - 08-06-2015, 03:08 PM