• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Nothing burns like the cold, but only for a while; Lilliana
    When Lilli closes her eyes literally, he muses if perhaps she does this often; feel the pain, keep it inside, afraid to let it go. A moment passes in which he wonders if she has no-one else - and realizes the he certainly hasn’t - to do this with, not right now. The first time they met she had been looking for Elena - she needed her. Now Elena had not returned that he knows of, or at least not permanently. But Lilliana still needs her mirrors.

I never meant for anyone to get hurt. ”I know. Everyone knows.” He follows up so easily, so quickly, that he almost surprises himself. It is true though - nobody would believe she did anything intentionally wrong. She is too kind for that. ”So stand for it. You can trust your decisions, Lilliana. Better than mine.” he compares. He isn’t always ... entirely good, not the way she is. Sometimes he wants to tease, to even hurt (seldom though), to put his finger on the sore spot, pour some salt into open cuts. She never does. She always has her vision of what is right played out in her mind’s eye.

She just has to accept that no matter one’s intentions, another can run with it. That other people have minds of their own, and maybe other intentions.

”Izora and I didn’t get into that level of detail,” yet, he says and tilts his head. Lilli might understand from his phrasing, something else was shared instead, though he doesn’t go into detail about their intimate conversation and tests of limits and trust right there and then; that’s so ething to resolve between themselves. ”She said a conversation with you would be interesting.”
    nothing burns like the cold
    Leilan

@[lilliana]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Nothing burns like the cold, but only for a while; Lilliana - by Leilan - 08-09-2020, 08:15 AM