• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  What boundaries would you push?
    When her eyes return to him and her apology settles in the air she holds her breath with uncertainty. He could dismiss her and easily be on his way, he could hold what she had forced upon him against her for the rest of eternity and she would not blame him one bit. Only when he nods in acceptance and offers an apology of his own does she lit that anxious breath sizzle slowly from her lips.

It had never been her way to cause conflict, in fact she would ordinarily run from confrontation as quickly as she could in the opposite direction. But, maybe that person now existed in an entirely different life time.

He tells her that there were unexpected consequences,  ones he struggled over still, by evidence of his next words. She does not look away when he tells her her blood tastes no different than a deer's, only when he grimaces and looks away does she allow a small shiver to cross her worn down back.

She wasn't afraid of what he may now see her like, prey amongst the land maybe? She was prepared for this, had spent months wondering what it may be like for her to hold the same predatory smell, taste, and instincts. Her eyes sharpen with his tone when his eyes connect to hers once again, bright and deep.

For a moment she stared into the empty air between them, gathering her thoughts and future. With a deep intake of breath and a focus to his stormy eyes she nods, "When Taiga was falling apart, and her future was uncertain.. when my mate.. left me." she chokes on the last bit, never admitting to herself or anyone else that he didn't simply disappea, he left them, and stole their child away on his own accord." I went to the mountain. I sought out the fairies. I asked them for a gift, one like yours and like Aten's to protect my home and those I loved." her voice quivered but not because she was scared of what would happen when she returned to the mountain but because she worried what would happen to her home if she didn't. "They agreed to give me what I asked for." her eyes glance towards what she could see of the sea that wasn't obscured by Leilan's giant form. "I've been searching for those who have used their powers to protect, but had unexpected reproccustions or against all odds their powers had changed their hearts." She wasn't dumb she knew every action had a consequence, it was the latter that she hoped to avoid for herself, scared even that it would happen to her.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Leilan]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    What boundaries would you push? - by Izora Lethia - 07-20-2020, 10:31 PM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 07-24-2020, 07:16 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 08-01-2020, 02:07 PM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 08-09-2020, 07:33 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Izora Lethia - 08-20-2020, 11:07 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 08-22-2020, 05:07 AM
    RE: What boundaries would you push? - by Leilan - 09-06-2020, 10:23 AM