• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

when we were young and free
    i've been sleeping so long in a twenty-year dark night
    and now i see daylight
    The other girl seems friendly, and she can feel herself beginning to relax. She is not sure why, but the idea of making friends had seemed terrifying. She had been so certain that no one would like her. Even from her mother’s shadow she had been able to see that she was, in comparison to so many, entirely plain. She remembers the first time she had met her father, and marveled at his magnificent wings. She remembers every stranger they passed in the meadow, and how they glittered and glinted, how they were every color of the rainbow. Even her mother, though a simple white, still had a mane and tail tangled with flowers, and a heavenly glow that reminded Narya of what angels on earth must look like.

But she was just bay. Though her mother would tell her that she was not just bay, and Anonya would go on to compare her to all the other beautiful auburn things she could think of, and remind her that magic might find her when she is least expecting it.

“Ava,” she repeats the other girl’s name, and follows her gaze up into the trees. “Um...I don’t think I’ve seen your brother, but I guess if he turned into a squirrel I might not have known it was him?” She turns her attention back to the filly, wondering if she can do something like that, too. It would be just her luck to make a friend that would most likely be bored by her inability to do anything.

“Not really,” she says with a shake of her delicate head. “They’re a lot older than me.”  Her mother didn't talk about her older siblings much, and she knew she had more half-siblings from her father, and Anonya spoke of them even less. She was too young to understand the complicated nature of Plume and Anonya's relationship, but she was intuitive enough to know the tension was there. She didn't pry; she learned that she hated the quiet sadness on her mother's face when she did.

“Is he your twin brother?” She asks with a little bit of awe in her voice once she realizes he must be their age if he was possibly in the playground.
    narya

@[Avelina]

Messages In This Thread
    when we were young and free - by Avelina - 08-03-2020, 12:08 PM
    RE: when we were young and free - by Narya - 09-13-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: when we were young and free - by Avelina - 09-27-2020, 07:21 PM
    RE: when we were young and free - by Narya - 10-12-2020, 01:09 AM