• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Time Changes Things; Nilam

ridiculous

do you think i’m funny?

So she still wanted to eat him. Well, then it’s a good thing he was no longer panting and tired from the ordeal in the water, just in case he needed to make a run for it. Granted, he might just trip and fall face first back into the water as he’d done previously. That was funny, though, if you think about it, and he does like to laugh at himself.

She doesn’t answer his next question, about where her time manipulation comes from, but that’s okay. He assumes this means she doesn’t know. "Well, both my mum and dad have magic. Mum just has regular magic, but dear ol’ pops has the king of all magic. He’s the best" Ridiculous speaks as though he has met his father, but in reality, few children of Carnage ever get the privilege of meeting him. "But anyway, I am pretty sure that’s where my time manipulation came from."

He is so caught up in trying to remember his age that he completely misses the mother kicking her daughter. If he had, he might say something about how that’s not very nice, that she was just trying to nurse, as babies will do. "How old are you?" Let’s just never mind the fact that boys aren’t supposed to ask girls how old they are, he just blurts it out.

He might be oblivious, but he somehow doesn’t miss the disappointment in her face when he tells her that he’s not very good with his gift. "Uh oh," he says, “Did Ridiculous just get put back on the menu? He laughs, but a part of him prepares to bolt if she should try to eat him again. His legs stiffen, and the adrenaline in his veins spikes so that his heart starts beating rapidly.

So she is a hunter, whatever that means. He decides that she doesn’t actually want to tell him what she is, but that’s okay. She is a mare of few words, meanwhile, Ridiculous is a talker. “I am ridiculous, of course! A laugh rolls off his tongue at this. ”And I don’t just mean my name. I mean in general, I’m ridiculous.”

@[Nilam]

Messages In This Thread
    Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Ridiculous - 08-06-2020, 07:29 PM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Nilam - 08-08-2020, 10:00 AM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Ridiculous - 08-08-2020, 10:32 AM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Nilam - 08-14-2020, 06:24 AM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Ridiculous - 08-14-2020, 09:11 AM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Nilam - 08-23-2020, 05:37 AM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Ridiculous - 08-23-2020, 03:15 PM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Nilam - 09-10-2020, 02:56 PM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Ridiculous - 09-11-2020, 01:01 PM
    RE: Time Changes Things; Nilam - by Nilam - 09-13-2020, 02:48 PM