• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes; aquaria
    and since you’re the only one that matters,----------------
    ----------------tell me: who do i run to?

“I hope this means that you’ll stop trying to avoid me,” Pteron says, smiling against the soft curve of Aquaria’s jaw for a moment before pulling back to meet her gaze. It has always been easiest for him to make light of troubling things, to avoid dwelling on dark thoughts and discontents. Yet each time he had tried – and failed – to catch her attention, the dun stallion had been thwarted.

Each time except this last.

It had felt almost like his visits of old, when he’d alight on beach just past sundown. Except this time, there had been no looming darkness in the back of his mind, no constant worry about the dragon that awaited his inevitable return. This time there had just been the fiery light of sunset and the splash of water just barely cooler than the air around them. Pteron is not sure which of them had made the first move. All he knows is that he’d meant to say something, but he hadn’t, and then his mouth had been far too busy with other things to bother with words and apologies and explanations.

Yet now, as the sun hangs halfway above the distant horizon and he meets her now shadowed purple-blue eyes, he remembers. They had avoided contact for so long, just to come together, like this? Pteron knows that he should ask why, but it is easier to bask in the afterglow. It’s easier to gently touch the starfish behind her cheek and breathe in the crisp smell of the ocean and familiar coral on her skin. There will be a time for the harder conversations, but it is unlikely for Pteron to ever be the one who brings them up.

@[Aquaria]

-- pteron --

Messages In This Thread
    fifteen flares inside those ocean eyes; aquaria - by Pteron - 08-22-2020, 08:30 PM