• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  dive in, I'll show you where the river ends; yadigar
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    He has never understood her and perhaps that is why he continues circling back to thoughts of her. He picks apart the words she speaks, her mannerisms, her rage, only to come up with more questions than he had before. Why would someone with a happy family ever stop caring about being alive? His brow furrows in confusion. Then Breach tells him none of it matters if he is not there. Of all the people on this miserable planet, she chose him as the one to anchor her choices to.

No, I don’t understand! I want you to stay away from me. I want everyone to just stay away so I can keep you safe,” he insists, stepping close enough that he feels her breath across his face. “Why can’t you just let me protect you?

Yadigar watches her expression grow uncertain, though she does her best to hide that trembling fear. He knows the feeling too well to ever let it go unnoticed, though he says nothing of it. Instead, he draws a slow breath to steady himself when she explains that her mother was nearly killed. Naturally, he assumes his father is involved in some capacity, but now is not the time for needless accusations.

There is a strange sense of relief, knowing that he is relieved of the burden of being Pangea’s heir. Yet he draws no comfort from the duty being passed on to her. Will Ghaul torment and groom her the way he had Yadigar? He studies the blur of her face when she speaks again.

North. With him.

Do you think he intends to keep his promise?
    @[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: dive in, I'll show you where the river ends; yadigar - by yadigar - 09-08-2020, 06:46 PM