• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the crowd gets thin when the noose gets tighter; Desire
    i think i'm better on my own but i get so lost in you
    His tone turns clearly more aggravated, and she bites back a sigh of exasperation. Briefly, she admires her mother for what must be unshakable, never-ending patience – Desire was being uncharacteristically nice, and it still didn’t appear to be enough for Ashhal. She was reminded of why she was almost never nice, and she wonders if every man her mother sleeps with is this irritating.

She is careful to not let any of these thoughts show, of course. The way her jaw tightens and her heartbeat quickens in agitation remains hidden behind the angelic illusion of her mother, and she tucks the image of the wings closer to her sides the way she has seen Ryatah do when she grows timid. “I’m sorry,” comes her whispered apology, her dark eyes searching his face. “I didn’t know where you had gone, and I didn’t know where to look.” Which was not a lie, coming from her – but she has no idea if it was something Ryatah would be expected to know. She was hoping the stallion’s lack of memory would continue to work in her favor in this sense.

Another sigh, still soft and shuddering, giving away nothing to how irritated she still felt. She thinks of what she would do if she were herself; how she would snap her teeth right at his throat, and see just exactly how far she could push him until he was really pissed off. She keeps herself in check, though, knowing this would pay off far more in the long run if she can see it through to the end. “Please forgive me,” her voice a quiet plea, as she dares to take another step forward. "I'm sorry, Ashhal. I don't want you to be mad at me." She casts her gaze downwards, seeming to be attempting to gather courage, before she lifts her eyes back to his and asks him, “What do I need to do to get you to forgive me?”

i think i'm better on my own but i'm so obsessed with you
    desire

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the crowd gets thin when the noose gets tighter; Desire - by Desire - 12-23-2020, 10:47 PM