• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I don't want you to adore me
    Leilan
    There is little thought about him taking the portal back home - much like there was little thought of him going to Pangea in the first place. He'd seen what his dragonice had done with Castile's dragonfire, splitting rock from the extremes colliding, and he wasn't planning on doing that in Nerine. The snow layer that winter and he had built up previously would have to be enough to prevent burning all of Nerine in one go; and the fact that new grass would sprout next spring and summer as well. It had been Taiga he had been truly worried about - up until the moment he'd spied his brother's shadow wall. That and the conclusion that they had come for Nerine and not for Taiga, had spurred him to a road of destruction. Like for like. Or just a distraction, if that mattered.

He has yet to find out if any of it worked, though. When he arrives, much of the chaos seems to be subsiding, the flames died out in the eastern part of the redwood forest. Most of it seems still whole, but he lands near the border where the destruction is worst. Brennen had reduced his wall from all of the north to the southern border of Nerine, and one or several of the mages had decided fire was the best way to destroy it. Here, even the sequoias hadn't withstood all of that, but further into Taiga, the healthy older trees had withstood many of the onslaught, and even further, beyond the shadow wall, the only ash on the ground had come to fall down with the latest winter storm.

Here in the clearing, he shifts back, too tired to keep all of it up - especially the wings. An easy mode of transport, it is also the largest and most alien part of the dragon for a man who has had scales, teeth and dragon eyes for the largest part of his life.

It's the latter who keep changing color when he regards the barren landscape, a trait he has never in his life had control over. Black, ice blue, grey, even purple swirls may be visible if one were to look closely, and then he settles on determination. This is not and ending, and he refuses to see it as such. Yellow hunter eyes scour the landscape, fixating on the shapes of horses in the distance, coming from the western shore.

He'd expected more than just Lilliana and Yanhua, even though he knows that Izora Lethia will follow through the portal not far behind. Narrowing his eyes, he wonders where Beryl and Brennen are off to, but he supposes he'll find out soon enough.
    with a little funk and soul,
    light it up like dynamite

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

So basically this is a thread for Lilli and Yan to explode at him, but if anyone else wants to be angry with him for 'leaving', come at him, it's fiiiiine
    (but let's leave him whole yes? thanks in advance. I'm pretty sure he can put up a bit of a shield of dragon scales against close-range physical attacks but that's about it right now. if you're unsure, please DM! ^^)
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-16-2020, 05:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-19-2020, 06:03 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-19-2020, 08:43 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-20-2020, 11:34 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 09-20-2020, 06:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 09-22-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 09-24-2020, 02:06 AM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Yanhua - 10-04-2020, 09:04 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by lilliana - 10-09-2020, 09:12 PM
    RE: I don't want you to adore me - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 08:14 AM